Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-17-2005, 06:08 PM   #1
|Rev|

I am piecing together my system finally, and I just ordered 2 10" audiobahns. heres a link to the ebay auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
What size of AMP should I get? What brand? I'm a retard with audio systems and what not, also what battery and capacitor should I get?
Oh and with these two, do you think that its possible to "out bump" a setup with 2 alpine type R's 12" and a 1200 Sony Xplode?
Old 04-17-2005, 07:57 PM   #2
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
To acheive a higher SPL then the Type r setup, you would need to doubble the effective excursion of your woofers.

12's are louder because they have more cone area. 10's have less.
Sony amps are CRAP so it might not be that hard...

Your forgetting a box... unless they come in one... i cant see the auction, sealed box 2 10's get about 500-600 wrms at 12vdc , that should be loud. You would allso want to get at least 4gauge wires for your amp.

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:58 AM   #3
|Rev|

Building a custom box, sealed and unported.
What kind of AMP shoudl I use, and how "big" should it be?
Old 04-18-2005, 06:51 AM   #4
bigd6983

is there any reason you went with dual 6 ohm subs? and for an amp with those subs something like 400-500 watts rms by two would be fine, bridge each sub and you will get a 3 ohm load........i like fosgate amps, ppi, sound stream.......there are others but those are my favorite......
Old 04-19-2005, 12:46 AM   #5
|Rev|

umm try 1200 atleast that's what Rowdy told me.
Come on guys, all you edumacated people on here and your systems and I've had two people give me answers I don't need? I NEED RECOMENDATIONS I need to know what i need to get to power it, capacitor, battery all that stuff. Someone help please!
Old 04-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
|Rev|

you guys suck....
Old 04-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
just wait for mikegett, he probably hasnt seen this one yet
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #8
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't need a capacitor it's a waste of money. Upgrade your stock battery to something better like a stinger or optima. You should be fine electrically. How much are you looking to spend on an amp? What is your total budget? Are you installing it yourself or do you have to pay someone?
You have dual 6 Ohms subs so you have to find an amp that has your power requirements at 1.5 or 6 Ohms. Most likely 1.5 Ohms which narrows your choices because a lot of sub amps will burn up below 2 Ohms. You could probably use a 2 Ohms stable amp but it's likely to get very hot and not be reliable not to mention burn up in a couple of months.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #9
|Rev|

^ thanks guys
So I should just get a new battery? I'll look for AMPs in the next couple weeks, and post em up to ask you guys if they will work or not.
THe sub box will be custom made, and I will hopefully be doing all the installation with my friend who is a genious with sound systems
Old 04-19-2005, 03:36 PM   #10
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Install the system first and then see if you get any dimming or anything like that. If you do upgrade your battery if you don't there's no need. Odds are you'll be fine with stock but ultimatly a good aftermarket would be better.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #11
Travis99Alero

you could buy a 3rd sub so u could run them at 4 ohms making finding an amp for them much easier.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:22 AM   #12
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
In all honesty, I would try to ditch the audiobahn's. The dual voice coil 3 ohm setup is pretty bad. As stated earlier, you are going to be limited to wiring them in 1.5 or 3 ohm loads. JL would be the easiest and most affective amp since it will produce the same output from 2-6 ohms. However, the price will be very high. I don't think those subs are worth the cost. Sorry. Research some mono block amps that will do 2 ohms stable at a rms of 1200-1600 watts. That will place you in the suggested range.
You asked if it will out bump the type R 12's. It is hard to say. A couple of factors apply. The type R's are not a high excursion sub, so a good set of 10 inch spl subs would easily do it. Audiobahn is very poor about there stats. They mainly rely on the wattage to sell the product. They don't even put the excursion of the sub. Instead, they put the diameter of the surround. "PHAT 1.75” EPDM Rubber Surround ". This means nothing about the performance. Also, be aware that some brands list "total excursion length" while others list the excursion one way. Supposably, the audiobahn subs have a 95.6db efficiency. No way a 800 watt rms sub is that efficient. It is still hard to find a coaxial or component higher than 91db. I would be willing to bet that the wattage requirements are fudged as well. More than likely a good 6-700 watts rms could run these subs pretty hard. (just like stated earlier in the posts).
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 05:35 PM   #13
VCguy85
V.I.P. Member

VCguy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to VCguy85
as far as amps i have the rockford punch 1500w and i likes it much

check out the pic>>> Herre