Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-30-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Fabian_7s
GX Member

Fabian_7s is on a distinguished road
Dirty seats

Hey everyone, I was just vacuuming my car the other day when I noticed the seats were getting pretty dirty and stained from spills and stuff and it's bugging me :/
I was wondering is there any way at all to wash them?
Like can I just take off all the fabric from the seats and throw them in the washer, wash them by hand or do something and just put them back on?

Any advice would be really helpful!
Fabian_7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:20 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Leather - leather cleaner

Clothe - tuff stuff
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
I have my leather detailed once a year and use leather cream once a month and leather wipes when washing 2 times a week during summer once a week in winter. I get the carpet shampooed once a year.

We have a 2013 Civic EX but we had a Saturn and used the same schedule on it.. Both are cloth seats. Vacuum once a week shampoo 2 times a year. Shampoo carpet once a year.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #4
Fabian_7s
GX Member

Thanks sleepy! I just went to the store and bought a can of tuff stuff and tried it on a stain in the back seat thats been really bugging me since i first got the alero and it got rid of it almost completely
Old 05-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #5
Fabian_7s
GX Member

How the heck do you shampoo carpet? Do you need a special vacuum for it or something? :/
Old 05-31-2014, 12:15 AM   #6
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian_7s View Post
How the heck do you shampoo carpet? Do you need a special vacuum for it or something? :/

You do need a special vacuum. The other way it can be done is taking the whole interior out and pressure washing the carpet out the car. You would need a gas pressure washer for this.

Also, if you were wondering, the seat fabric comes off. It's held on by plastic tabs. It's not that hard at all to get it off. You can wash it in the washing machine if you want. I did that once, doesn't damage it. Just treat them like bed sheets.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:04 AM   #7
Fabian_7s
GX Member

is it just the front seats though? or can I take off the fabric from the back seat as well because the previous owner left a pretty nasty stain back there that I really wanna get rid of more than anything! lol
Old 05-31-2014, 02:56 AM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Glad I could help for the most part
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
The bottom of the back is setup to be pretty simple...not so sure about the back of the back seat
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #10
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Quote:

I take it in to be detailed that's how I never watched them do it I usually go to lunch then come back to pick it up later. Usually takes most of the day. Don't even ask me how much I pay for it either lol.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:58 PM   #11
Fabian_7s
GX Member

I just took off the fabric from the passenger seat! It wasn't hard at all but my car was in direct sunlight so it was hot as hell even with the doors open! Thanks for the help guys! Any recommendations for washing it in the washer? Or should I just treat it like normal clothes?
Old 06-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #12
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
is it just the front seats though? or can I take off the fabric from the back seat as well because the previous owner left a pretty nasty stain back there that I really wanna get rid of more than anything! lol

They all come off. The only ones that might be hard are the rear backrest. I forgot how to do those, but I know the rear bottom pad comes off easily. I took mine off once out of boredom.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote