Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-02-2014, 03:31 AM   #1
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
Headlight pictures please

I am currently working on a projector conversion for my Rover and have a question about painting the bezels. I know that on the Alero, some of you guys just painted the front facing bit and others painted the internal housing of the turn signal. Could you guys post up some pictures of both so I can see the difference? And if possible, one of the turn signal painted WITH the light on so I can see how much light is lost? Thanks guys.

(No one on the Rover forums has done stuff like this yet so I had nothing else to go on. )

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Well considering im the only one who has a projector retro and paintee bezel. Im your only hope. But my headlight was not blacked out.

The only pics that are good and with lights on. Are in the pics from this years alero show. But I have no idea where it is. I have been looking and cant find it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
It doesn't matter if they have projectors installed or not really, I'm more interested in the turn signal part to see the difference to see if I should paint that fully or not and if it is painted, how much light actually is lost when the bulb is on.

I'll welcome any pictures along the lines though.

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Andy pics are small. When I click on it. They are very blurry.

I can say I have mine fully painted and they still are visible in the day time. Helps a bit if you use a glossy paint.

Since I have a headlight out of the car atm Ill snap a quick pic and post it..... be right back.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 09-02-2014 at 06:47 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #5
chris39
GX Member

chris39 is on a distinguished road
mine r done the same way

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Andy pics are small. When I click on it. They are very blurry.

I can say I have mine fully painted and they still are visible in the day time. Helps a bit if you use a glossy paint.

Since I have a headlight out of the car atm Ill snap a quick pic and post it..... be right back.

chris39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
here ya go! I have done several set like both. I much prefer the outline look myself. Even on the set I did the entire turn signal area I left some silver trim on the edges and it was still just to much black for me. some here of the favorite set on the red one http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37958
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote