Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 03-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
coolant leak/smell

I have been told it's a water housing. I can see it near the oil pressure sensor near the Intake on the drivers side of the car. It looks like I can remove some hard lines behind the power steering pump and get to it.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
I have been told it's a water housing. I can see it near the oil pressure sensor near the Intake on the drivers side of the car. It looks like I can remove some hard lines behind the power steering pump and get to it.

If I remember right, I had to take off the exhaust manifold heat shield, some of the air intake tubing, etc. Did it on my son's GrandAm before he got the Alero.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
I'm going to get some pictures later today or tomorrow to show what I'm looking at. It looks like it's a pita for something so stupid. I'm just sick of smelling that sweet coolant smell at random.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
walkerj014
GX Member

walkerj014 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like the water outlet pictured in this thread http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36779.
Its not really a pain in the ass, its just messy.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Revhappy
GX Member

Revhappy is on a distinguished road
It definitely sounds like the water outlet. The biggest pig for me was removing the power steering angle sensor. One of the housing bolts hits it and requires you to remove and reinstall. The sensor has some c-clip and a washer that youll need to pay attention to when removing. Dont forget to buy an o-ring for the water outlet too! Goodluck.

Bronze Mist 01', 2.4L w/WAI, F+R strut tower bar, 20% Tint, Upgraded 16" factory aluminum rims, Crossed drilled rotors on all 4 corners, chrome muffler tips and 3000K HID fogs.
Revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote