Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #21
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
well the discussion quality sure has hit the shitter

ya... ya dont say. the only thing I'm going to say about this- a large reason for tint laws is because officers in big cities were getting shot when they walked up to the window because they could not see as the occupant reached for his gun. 2- I will agree 5% is way to dark at night, visibility to your sides and rear is compromised. 20% is nearly perfect. you cant really see through the car with much detail, but just enough. it still defiantly looks tinted and blocks some sun during the day. /chiming out on this one
Old 08-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #22
smccarthy1883
GX Member

smccarthy1883 is on a distinguished road
So much hostility over window tint. Everybody breaks a law at some point. Whether it's speeding or simply having your music too loud. It's not like you killed someone. I don't think tinted windows are a good reason to give someone a ticket. There are way worse things than that. I could understand if you were in a high crime area it being unsafe, but if not, find a better reason to pull someone over.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #23
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
ya... ya dont say. the only thing I'm going to say about this- a large reason for tint laws is because officers in big cities were getting shot when they walked up to the window because they could not see as the occupant reached for his gun. 2- I will agree 5% is way to dark at night, visibility to your sides and rear is compromised. 20% is nearly perfect. you cant really see through the car with much detail, but just enough. it still defiantly looks tinted and blocks some sun during the day. /chiming out on this one

I understand with the gun thing...But when you have a 1999 and your dash is falling apart and you put a $1,000+ in your stereo system. You want your car to be blocked from as much sunlight as possible. Also not have people be able to see into your car and see you have a $1,000 head unit in your car and steal it. I don't have the tint to hide guns or anything in that matter from cops. I have it to keep my cars interior nice and keep what I have put into it there and not have some REAL CRIMINAL steal the good hard earned money into it.
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #24
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah, this thread is done

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Closed Thread