Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #21
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 30 farads baby!!!

Here's what you need a 30 farad cap, now if this dosen't get it done then.....noth.....something will. $152.00 LMAO

Attachment 2791

Last edited by lonnie : 10-31-2007 at 08:18 AM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #22
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
damn right, it'll also make your car almost half a second quicker in the 1\4mile with all that extra juice stored up!
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #23
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
damn right, it'll also make your car almost half a second quicker in the 1\4mile with all that extra juice stored up!
Ha Ha Ha Ha Got that right!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #24
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
that thing is a pile of shit, pun intended
Old 09-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #25
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
What were you pushing? Did you play moderate or heavy bass? What I mean by that is enough to hear in the car, or enough to hear down the block.

2 12's with a 1000 watt amp. I would play it at moderate level I would say. Not loud enough to be heard down the block, but by far a couple cars away. Sometimes I would push it, depending on my mood and how tired I was, but not all that often.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #26
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Doesnt matter, they all charge/discharge at the same rate...

Plus the neons use up more electric... Brilliant!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #27
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
so, since i havent received any input on my other thread im gonna ask here: are these the "big 3" mods that ya'll talking about:

The Big 3 Are:
1. negative battery wire to ground - just replace the negative batt. terminal and wire and ground it to the factory location
2. engine block to ground - replace the ground wire from the engine block to the chasie with a bigger wire (maybe 4 guage)
3. alternator to batt - add a fused wire from the postive post on you alternator (the one comming from the battery) to the postive terminal on your battery. DO NOT exchange wires just add a extra one. make sure it fused the same size as your factory fuse.
hope thats helps

Note on #2- Some cars have a batt-engine block connection stead of chassis to engine block...

is this right? anybody...
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #28
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
another question...where is the ground wire on the engine block that goes to the chasis?
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 PM   #29
QCmustang
GX Member

QCmustang is an unknown quantity at this point
too be honest with everyone who dosent like cap's, i have a 5 farad cap and it has done an excelent job of keeping up with my car. for those going to extreme's dosent hurt to go with another battery and a cap, but for the daily listener i think a 1.5+ cap would work fine.
soon to come . . .
Ford F150 5.8L 351W
1999 Olds 88.

President, Sykotic Concepts.
www.myspace.com/QCmustang

www.myspace.com/SykoticConcepts
QCmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:56 AM   #30
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_xtreme View Post
that thing is a pile of shit, pun intended
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA................wait what was I laughing about again? Anyway I didn't mean for him to really get it.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #31
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post

I disagree with part of your statement. It may very well indeed charge at the same rate because the alternator isn't variable, but to say it discharges at the same rate is false. I raise the question then if it discharges at the same rate why is it the that when playing your music at high levels for an extended period of time do your lights flicker....because the alternator can't keep up and the battery tries to make up the difference causing it to discharge much faster then normal...maybe that's why we are left with a dead battery, or need a jump. If you are burning more energy then what you can replace then it has to come from somewhere.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:06 AM   #32
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:

Now that I think about it it is kind of false to say that it charges at the same rate as well, because depending on how much you are running it going to cause a strain on the alternator to run everything and still provide a charge to the battery. I can't help but think that because of the voltage drop you get. I could be wrong but I think I make a valid point. Be intrested to know what you think!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:47 AM   #33
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Going back to Electricity 101...

Notice I said rate

A capacitor charges to full charge in 5 time constants. It discharges in 3 time constants. All capacitors charge at this rate.

http://www.bcae1.com/capacitr.htm

http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forum...ead.php?t=1888

Old 09-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #34
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Going back to Electricity 101...

Notice I said rate

A capacitor charges to full charge in 5 time constants. It discharges in 3 time constants. All capacitors charge at this rate.

http://www.bcae1.com/capacitr.htm

http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forum...ead.php?t=1888

You are right I was thinking about something different. Not particularly looking at it that way! Tu shay!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #35
CBLOHM3400
Trying To Help

CBLOHM3400 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to CBLOHM3400
Get Bigger Alt
CBLOHM3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #36
jayson_waltz
GLS member

wow old time thread revival This thread is like 3 months old. i'm not getting one anytime soon, spent too uch money on my 1200W setup.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #37
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLOHM3400 View Post
Get Bigger Alt
Wow we all open an old thread up sometimes...it happens but you are on a roll that's 2 already. lol
Old 12-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #38
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLOHM3400 View Post
Get Bigger Alt

Old thread indeed, but yet, do this and upgrade the big 3 in the engine for wiring.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #39
xsavyor1
GL Member

xsavyor1 is an unknown quantity at this point
The first thing you need to know is how much amprage you are pulling? If you pull more amprage than your making you will have dimming no matter what cap or batterys you put in. You will need an alternator. just adding battery you will put more strain on the alt. so it will help with dimming but your batterys will never get charged fully.
2010 BASS RACE WORLD CHAMPION 140.0DB - 149.9DB
2009 Bass Race World Champion 140.0-149.9db Class
xsavyor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #40
jayson_waltz
GLS member

wiring the cap

i've been wondering about this. The stuff that came with my cap says to wire it like the pic. but couldn't i just put + and - to the terminals on the cap and straight from those terminals to the amp? i'd think that would be better and would be easier with my layout.

Last edited by jayson_waltz : 06-01-2008 at 02:08 PM.