Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 01-06-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Store/Site purchased: Its at all the Autozoneish places
Cost/Shipping: $6, I think? my dad got it

Initial product impressions, quality: Decent waterspot remover, but not the best
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Use it like wax
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: I used a craftsman random orbiter I got from Sears for about $25. I applied the polish to the orbiter terry cloth cover and went at it. I went very slow, making sure the polish would do its thing. If you have the craftsman (or the more prof. porter cable) you won't break a sweat. You CAN do this by hand, but you won't get the results I did.

Performance, appearance opinions: This is a product from Meguiars traditional consumer line. It removed quite a bit of the waterspots/ paint issues on my hood, the only place I've tested it. However, if you wanted a more intensive/abrasive product you'll have to step up to Meguairs Mirror Glaze professional line. These products are a rare find offline, you won't find those at autozone. For being a basic polish, it worked well. You can see the difference below. It did not get all the waterspots, but got about 95%.

Arrows indicate portion of paint that did not get this polish treatment. You can see a distinct line that shows the difference (before/after):
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote