Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 11-18-2003, 01:31 PM   #1
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
Courtesy of Cujo www.grandamgt.com
Okay, first make sure to disconnect your battery and your engine is cool.

The tranny wiring harness connector is located right on the transmission behind the upper rad hose. The vehicle wiring harness connector is simply pulled straight out from there but be sure to release the locking tabs so you don't damage the connector. There are 2 locking tabs on each side that can be released with a flathead screwdriver.

Take some dielectric grease and put on both connections. Plug in the female connector side on the Autotrans to the connector directly on the tranny. Now connect the male connector to the vehicle wiring harness connector. You will then have to twist the Autotrans unit and tie it back with some plastic zipties to the back of the rad fan. Tie it so that you can get at the adjustment screw later on and so that it doesn't touch the upper rad hose at all either.

When you go to use it for the first time make sure its turned all the way down and be very careful turning the adjuster screw. If it breaks then its useless. For city driving I would only turn it maybe a 1/4 or less. For even firmer shifts you could turn it up further but I wouldn't recommend doing that much.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:31 AM   #2
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
im goin to add alil to this...for my trans interceptor, the car must be off to adjust...i did adjust it once while it was running,,,from a 1/4...wanting to turn down...and when i put the car in gear it made a horrendus loud clunk, and the whole engine cradle assembly shifted hard.

so i unplugged it, plugged the old line back in,,,drove it for a bit, then started over again...now i have no problems

so far anyways
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 05:37 PM   #3
flalero

I thought that the instructions that came with it said to adjust it while the car was running. I could be wrong, but that's what I did. Think about the loud clunking your were talking about, of course that is going to happen because you have raised the line pressures in your transmission.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:28 PM   #4
alerocity

Quote:
Originally posted by Molson@Nov 18 2003, 12:31 PM
Courtesy of Cujo www.grandamgt.com
Okay, first make sure to disconnect your battery and your engine is cool.

The tranny wiring harness connector is located right on the transmission behind the upper rad hose. The vehicle wiring harness connector is simply pulled straight out from there but be sure to release the locking tabs so you don't damage the connector. There are 2 locking tabs on each side that can be released with a flathead screwdriver.

Take some dielectric grease and put on both connections. Plug in the female connector side on the Autotrans to the connector directly on the tranny. Now connect the male connector to the vehicle wiring harness connector. You will then have to twist the Autotrans unit and tie it back with some plastic zipties to the back of the rad fan. Tie it so that you can get at the adjustment screw later on and so that it doesn't touch the upper rad hose at all either.

When you go to use it for the first time make sure its turned all the way down and be very careful turning the adjuster screw. If it breaks then its useless. For city driving I would only turn it maybe a 1/4 or less. For even firmer shifts you could turn it up further but I wouldn't recommend doing that much.
[quote]what does this do?(auto trans intercept)
Old 03-05-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
`2000redalero

makes your shifting from gear to gear quicker. Just auto's though.

Nice mod to do if you like the jolts when accelerating and your engine shifts(I'm getting this in the next month or so)

from the site:
-Increase transmission line pressure reducing burnt clutches & bands
-Eliminates the need to install complicated "valve body kits"
-Compatible with specific computer controlled transmission applications
-Tighten up those shifts and put a little snap in your driving
-Easy, plug in installation
Old 03-06-2004, 12:53 AM   #6
dopey

^^^^ wow u really dont knwo what ur talkin about. it doenst make ur shifter smoother. once u start to turn it up in incrreses the harshness of ur poops. if i were u id know what ur talkin about befor u post info on something.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:15 AM   #7
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
yea, it changes it from smooth to jolting. kinda cool, but i'd never put it in my car with 90,000 miles.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:03 AM   #8
`2000redalero

lol...

anyone recommend a particular mileage (before 90k)
Old 03-10-2004, 07:57 PM   #9
j{}n
GL Member

j{}n is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to j{}n Send a message via MSN to j{}n
hrm, what about 89k?

Old 03-10-2004, 10:22 PM   #10
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Lightbulb

is it the best idea to insatll these yourself or can you trust a auto shop to do this? just wondering :unsure: