Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 11-21-2003, 04:18 AM   #1
Grouch

see also: http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=7381

Quote:
Originally posted by "K Dan"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("K Dan")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Did this the other week, got the pics now. After reading the last post about it, I decided to do it (forgot who posted it, but thank you the idea). Kind of a pain in the ass getting a few things. Got the door from Steeda for 75, someone posted a link for site that had the door with a kit to install it on a Focus but it was 90, and I didn't think the extra $15 would be worth a few screws. The door only comes with 2 screws and you need 4 to install it. I took one of the screws to like 5 different hardward store and no one had anything like it. So as a last resort I went down to the local Ford dealer. I asked the guy at the parts department if he could get me a couple screws like it, he tried looking it up but couldn't find anything. Then he said that the screw looked like the same kind that came with this Hub repait kit, but I would have to buy the kit because it comes in a package. I just spent the damn 20 bux for the kit since I was sick of driving all over town. So yeah, I should have just spent the extra 15 for the Focus install kit lol. So if anyone else plans on doing this I have an extra pair of original torx screws for the door and a set of the Hub repair kit torx scerws (they look different so to match you either need 2 original fuel door screws or a new set)
here are the pics:
EDIT SEE PICS BELOW, unable to use those links in this software. ~Grouch
not a perfect fit, but still looks nice I think[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "pimpalero03"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("pimpalero03")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>how easy is installation? what are the steps? im thinking about buying one and finally where can i get it for 75.00 dollars? ill take your extra screws[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("K Dan")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Installation was a breeze minus the part about finding screws. All you have to do is grind out some of the area between the stock fuel door mounting holes (I'll post some pics, since I have to take the door off and touch up the area with some paint so it wont rust). Then install the new door using the 2 stock holes, and get a drill and drill 2 new holes (only 2 of the holes on the door will line up, the other 2 holes I just have the screws stuck in and there not actually holding on to anything. Heres the link to the Steeda site http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog...ttFuelDoor.htm . Like I said it comes with 2 screws, all you need is either 2 more or you might have to go to Ford and get raped like I did lol. If you wanna toss me a couple bucks (I did pay 20 to get them lol) you can either have the 2 spare screws or a set from the Hub repair kit.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("K Dan")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>oh and the lip around the black plastic thing when you open the fuel door had to be cut off[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Aleromi99")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>looks good k dan... and yea it was me who posted about the fuel door...

To some it might not be the best , but i think different and looks pimp...[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Bspot")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>you got any pics of your car showing the whole side view, not just the back? curious of the overall look with that fuel door..[/b][/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"K Dan"
@
here ya go...
[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"Bspot"

thanks dude. looks good![/quote]
Old 11-21-2003, 04:23 AM   #2
Grouch

pic 2
Old 11-21-2003, 04:23 AM   #3
Grouch

pic 3
Old 11-21-2003, 08:59 AM   #4
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
looks good, but not sure if it fits a stock alero
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:42 PM   #5
havik

yeah, it seems outta place
Old 11-21-2003, 02:08 PM   #6
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
i bought it and am putting it on my car in march when i put the body kit on
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 04:46 PM   #7
blueyezalero

I think it might go good on a silver alero
Old 11-24-2003, 05:51 PM   #8
evilinside09

i wonder if it's possible to grind a piece of steel or something to the perfect thickness so that it evens the whole thing out and looks more fitted to our cars. as it is now, the rear of the gas cap looks kind of sunken into the quarter panel. maybe some ideas to make it lay flat across the quarterpanel?
Old 11-25-2003, 09:26 AM   #9
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
it would have to be on a black or silver car i think
Old 12-15-2003, 01:46 PM   #10
99Olds

How much work would it relly take to put on. I'm an amatuer on doin body work. What should i do about grinding .
Old 12-15-2003, 09:08 PM   #11
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
its simple. my buddy put his on his mustang and too see if it would fit before i bought it we put it on my car. looks bad ass i might add.
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:17 PM   #12
99Olds

Ya to add to what I said before. I thought I saw a place about locking gas caps. Is there a place where I can find those also? And how much would it be?
Old 12-15-2003, 10:44 PM   #13
99Olds

Ya also I forgot I wanted to know if they made those in a chrome finish it would look alot better. It would kind of go with the trim around the window. Also with chrome rims that im looking at.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:27 AM   #14
K Dan
GX Member

K Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 99Olds@Dec 15 2003, 06:46 PM
How much work would it relly take to put on. I'm an amatuer on doin body work. What should i do about grinding .
Theres really nothing too it. The metal around that area is REAL thin, i was actually able to cut out some of the area with a small hand saw, then just get a file to smooth it down and paint any exposed areas when your done (the door covers it so you don't have to make it real pretty or anything. Then just attach the door using the two stock fuel door holes and get a drill and make the other holes.
K Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:22 PM   #15
bdyman

ya that`s is a cool product, but why not close the hole up and relocate the filler neck or get a fuel cell nice clean panels no fuel door no handles.....think about it sounds cool to me
Old 12-18-2003, 09:20 PM   #16
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
now your thinkin