Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2016, 10:51 PM   #1
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Bought some Aleros - Fix/Clean/Build

Apparently I'm 'that guy' now who buys old cars to fix for resale!
Got this one:

2003 GLS 4-door, fully loaded, no inspection needed, drove it away for $200. Only 160,000 km (99,400 miles). Its riced out with a fart can and nightshaded tails. The paint is trashed so bad it looks like they painted it with their hands, it was originally silver. The driver door and trunk are not matched so I don't have a key for them so I'll have to sort that out since I don't have a fob. The passenger window doesn't go down, the passenger mirror adjuster motor is broken and the sunroof doesn't work. Bodywise the trunk isn't adjusted correctly, the driver side front door needs to be re-hung and the driver side rear door needs to be replaced due to some big dents. The rear driver quarter was some minor damage on the door seam as well. Good news is that there isn't a speck of rust anywhere, not even on the underside of the hood. Interior is a gross mess but everything is there including a new JVC headunit.

*pics pending*

2002 GX 2 door, 2.2l ecotec base model for $250. Timing chain is gone and the head needs to be fixed because the chain broke while it was running. It is supposed to be low mileage, maybe less than 90,000k (56,000 miles) but I couldn't check because of no battery. The paint and panels are perfect except that it has the standard quarter panel rot. Interior is a bit dirty and the center console is covered in ash. I'm probably going to strip this one down and swap the good panels to my daily Alero because my driver door is rusting and my back bumper cover is scratched up from an accident. This one is also missing one headlight but is complete otherwise.

I'm going to post my progress here and I will try to post some tutorials about fixing common things as well as interior removal and cleaning. I'm planning on painting the four door and I would like to fix the rust on the two door as well so there is a lot to do.

Might as well post my progress on my daily as well, I just replaced the power steering rack and am doing some maintenance on it.

2001 GLS 2 door with 270,000km (168000 miles)

Last edited by mrmike : 07-11-2016 at 11:07 PM.
mrmike is offline   Reply With Quote