Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 04-04-2004, 03:02 AM   #1
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Q: Do I need hubcentric rings for my new rims? The bolt pattern I got was 5x114.3.
A: Posted by 3.4Alero- Please listen. Just because you have 5x114.3 wheels does not mean that you need hubcentric rings. And just because you have 5x115 wheels doesnt mean that you don't need them. The BOLT pattern actually has very little to do with HUBcentric rings. Call the manufacturer and ask them what the centerbore of your new wheels are. Aleros are 70.3 mm. You need a ring that will make up the difference between the two. If the manufacturer (or distributor) of your new wheels won't get 'em for you, call discount tire direct and tell them the centerbore of the new wheel and the stock centerbore. They'll hook ya up.

Basically, if you get aftermarket rims, and the centerbore is too large for our hubs, there is no way you can mount them perfectly. This will result in the tires feeling unbalanced. It also places a lot of strain on the lug bolts. They're not designed to support the rotation of the wheel.... the bolts are designed to keep the wheels on the hub.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote