Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 04-14-2004, 12:01 AM   #1
bigd6983

I see that this was never discussed so I might as well since it was hard and I learned a lesson. First you will want to disconnect the rear vacuum hose, its thick and runs from the front passenger side to the middle rear to some kind of valve. I am sure someone will correct that.

If you were smart and bought the plug pullers they worked wonders on the front, only took me like 3 minutes to pull all 3 old ones out and put the new ones in, back is different. Personally I dont think there is enough room for that tool to be effective, (no room to pull).

on the passenger side you are going to reach back there and feel like around for your first plug, I suggest closest to you, so you dont forget any and nothing gets forgotten.

**Make sure engine is cooled down enough**

while trying to get the plug off I gurantee it will be a pain in the ass if it was never done before like mine, and most likely its going to take some time, strength, and pulling to get that thing off. its going to be tough to get a good grip on the boot, so dont get frustrated like i did and start pulling on the wire because that wire will come off the boot, trust me, it is not fun.

I would recomend have different size extensions like a 3", 6", and 9" because you never know which combo will give u the best room for your ratchet. Also if you can, have 2 spark plug sockets. one with and one without the rubber part inside, sometimes it will come in handy sometimes it wont. so basically roll through each plug one at a time and replace the plug wire after each plug is installed(safest way). If you can remember which wire goes where you can leave them off and it will give you more room, i think its 1-3-5 standing on the passenger side of the engine bay looking towards the drivers side, but check first!

Hopefully this helps anyone who needs it, replys and suggestions for the post are encouraged. thanks