Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 03-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #21
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's not hooked up yet, just mounted haha. I need the brass pipes powdercoated silver first. It should keep the trans nice and cool though.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #22
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice job. So far so good.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
what the eff is up with that big wire on the dash?

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
HPTuners cable ziptied to my vent to keep it in handy when logging/tuning.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #25
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
hmmm if you tune to maximise when you spray, what will happen if you gun it without spraying?

In my head, if you tune it one way, its gonna be totally off when you don't spray?

Plz enlight me.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #26
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
those seats look sweet, my mom has been pushing me to buy seats cause she hates mine, I'm curious to know what the Takata belts would look like, you don't normally see them with domestic cars.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
hmmm if you tune to maximise when you spray, what will happen if you gun it without spraying?

In my head, if you tune it one way, its gonna be totally off when you don't spray?

Plz enlight me.
Yep, meth lowers your AFR by about 1.3-1.5 as far as I've seen, so a car tuned to be at 12.0 will be at 10.7. If I tune (like I have) to target 11.8, and run out of meth, the AFR will jump to almost or at 13s, and also the spark timing may be advanced too much for normal fuel and cause detonation. So you just make sure you have enough in the tank.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #28
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Nice!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #29
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i think i've asked before.... but i can't remember. is there any easy way to replace the seat belts themselves with a different color?

i'd like black seat belt straps... but i don't want to dye the current ones.. incase it bleeds out of the fabric... i/passangers end up with 2 black lines across their clothing = fail.

how much did those seats run? ... for the pair?

you could always replace the assemblies with the seatbelt assemblies out of a black-interior Grand Am..... they're identical, except black.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #30
kluv27
Raging Alero-Holic!!

kluv27 is on a distinguished road
?

yeah,i like the seats ion.where'd u get the carbon fiber dash kit?and lastly,i'm glad to see that im not the only 1 that puts change in the cup holder in front of the shifter,lol!!!!
2000 Olds Alero GL2 Coupe.........Cleared Front Corners, SP 8000k HID's,WAI,2.25 Custom Imco Performance Exhaust,Intrax Lowering Springs,18x8.5 inch Quantum Tek QT 104 Wheels,R1 Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors
kluv27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #31
[ion] C2
636 whp

That's what it's there for, it's definitely not a cup holder. What cup fits there?!

Bought the carbon fiber kit off a member on here. Not sure where you can still get it.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #32
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Yep, meth lowers your AFR by about 1.3-1.5 as far as I've seen, so a car tuned to be at 12.0 will be at 10.7. If I tune (like I have) to target 11.8, and run out of meth, the AFR will jump to almost or at 13s, and also the spark timing may be advanced too much for normal fuel and cause detonation. So you just make sure you have enough in the tank.

does it spray all the time? or do you have to engage it with a switch??
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #33
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
That's what it's there for, it's definitely not a cup holder. What cup fits there?!

Bought the carbon fiber kit off a member on here. Not sure where you can still get it.

Thats not a cup holder, its the holder for the ash tray, I have one in my car.

Quote:
Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #34
[ion] C2
636 whp

It's a pressure switch. I have it set to engage on at 4 PSI.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #35
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
It's a pressure switch. I have it set to engage on at 4 PSI.

Oh!! thats nice then!

Quote:
Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #36
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Oh, lol.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #37
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Quote:

its advertised as either the ash tray holder or an auxiliary cup holder in the "get to know your car" manual supplement. i found that its good for holding taller cups like bottled mtn dew or bottled water so its not in my way by the shifter.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #38
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
Looks hot I wish I had the time and motivation to do something with my interior. A+++
SittinOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #39
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks nice! I think the green harnesses will look great. There is a point when everything gets too matchy. Your progress is coming along nicely, hopefully I can get going on mine soon now that my career is started. Just need the fiance to approve as soon as I get home from OKC in two weeks.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #40
knuckleballer32
GX Member

knuckleballer32 is on a distinguished road
Thats awesome Ion. Your alero is so clean and slick.
knuckleballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote