Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 07-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
July Autocross video.

I ran the practice day at the autocross yesterday to check out some new tricks on the car. i ran all day with a loose rearend, decided to lower my rear shock pressure and realized i was running on level 1 all day. set the rears to level 4 ran my last run and dropped a second off of my time. 47.898.i was beating 2 vettes that were running 50's and 51's so it was nice, and a new comer had to ask what kind of car i had. i made a better in car video with sound, on this run i missed a gate so it was a dnf run but it is a good video. i need to retune my fuel reprogram my performance shift settings and start removing all of the sound deadener to drop some weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMjAx3FhHXY
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Pacho

nice! what kind of wheel/tire setup are you using. ive been using level 2 on my agx's the past few months and i tried level 4 the other day just for some tight turns, i noticed a big difference. do you run eibach lowering springs and the front/back stb and front/back speedbuilt sway bars?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacho View Post
nice! what kind of wheel/tire setup are you using. ive been using level 2 on my agx's the past few months and i tried level 4 the other day just for some tight turns, i noticed a big difference. do you run eibach lowering springs and the front/back stb and front/back speedbuilt sway bars?

i run level 1 on the street, level 4 on the track, full poly front bushings, rear speedbuilt swaybar, stock front swaybar, solid front and rear strut braces. intrax springs, adjustable camber bolts for front and rear, i can set my alignment dam near perfect in my garage now. front tires are 245/40/17 rears are 255/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 starspecs.

i'm also working on some other body/suspension tricks to be revealed later.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
lord2heart
GL Member

lord2heart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lord2heart Send a message via MSN to lord2heart Send a message via Yahoo to lord2heart
nice!
lord2heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
sounds really good, nice job beating the vetts. I know that fealin when ppl ask what kinda car is it lol.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
Pacho

did you notice a difference at all switching to all front poly bushings? i guess you mean for front swaybar and control arms? i have almost the same setup except for a front speedbuilt sway bar but w/stock tires-wheels which are killing me. have you experimented with a aftermarket front sway bar...i'm curious if you found the stock front was better for autocross.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

i will be changing to a better front swaybar if the eibach group buy goes through. my car handles very well, it tire lifts in the rear on hard corners. my downfall at this point is hp and me the driver i tend to push harder than i need to in the 180's

and by the way ebc yellow stuff pads ROCK!

i noticed a big difference with front polys.
i'm having a friend help me assemble an x brace for the rear strut towers, and i'm designing subframe connectors i want to lock it down.

try setting negative camber in the front and rear and add air pressure to the tires especially on stock tires. summit has camber bolts for reasonable prices.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Nice vid!! I like it!!

I also like the part about you beating 2 Vettes. Just because the car is "fast" doesn't mean you know how to drive it

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:34 AM   #9
Pacho

you will appreciate the difference the thicker front swaybar will make on local roads, hard turns etc. but the rear was the biggest difference for me.

when i bought the front and rear strut tower braces (pfyc), i found the plates to be too thin actually to the point where i was extending the bar itself and the plates were bending-so i had the same thickness plate welded on the bottom to give some extra support. i had plates welded on both sides of the bars for both the front and rear stb bars and it is solid-very tight steering now.

good idea for the tire pressure. i have one set of camber bolts from pfyc for back right but i might think about getting another set for the back left. front left and right wheels have -1 degree camber but back left is slightly positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabartram View Post
i will be changing to a better front swaybar if the eibach group buy goes through. my car handles very well, it tire lifts in the rear on hard corners. my downfall at this point is hp and me the driver i tend to push harder than i need to in the 180's

and by the way ebc yellow stuff pads ROCK!

i noticed a big difference with front polys.
i'm having a friend help me assemble an x brace for the rear strut towers, and i'm designing subframe connectors i want to lock it down.

try setting negative camber in the front and rear and add air pressure to the tires especially on stock tires. summit has camber bolts for reasonable prices.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #10
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like the quality of the video went up. Get a new camera?
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote