Old 08-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
NHRA Div. 1 ET Bracket Finals @ US-13 Dragway

US-13 Dragway
Delmar, DE
Thurs. Sept. 16 through Sat. Sept. 18

Every year, each NHRA track in the division sends their best drivers to compete individually & collectively as a team against the top drivers from each of the other tracks. Amongst other personal and team prizes, the winning driver from each class receives $$$, a Wally, and a Gold Card (good for free competition entry at any NHRA track for the next 12 months).

This year I qualified as the #5 car in Street ET for Team Raceway Park. It's my 5th Bracket Finals appearance in the last 10 years (2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010). I'll be running "Old Reliable", my '93 Dodge Daytona w/ just over 190,012 miles on the 100% original 100% stock engine. Car # for the event = W153.

The track sits on the Maryland-Delaware border.

Aleromodders are invited to attend (no idea how much spectator admission is).

If you can't make it down/up/over there that weekend, might I suggest Englishtown this Sunday for the Import Survival Series (my car qualifies with the factory-installed Mitsubishi engine), where I'll be beating up on ricers in order to earn enough $ to pay for my hotel at the Finals.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
US-13 Dragway
Delmar, DE
Thurs. Sept. 16 through Sat. Sept. 18

Every year, each NHRA track in the division sends their best drivers to compete individually & collectively as a team against the top drivers from each of the other tracks. Amongst other personal and team prizes, the winning driver from each class receives $$$, a Wally, and a Gold Card (good for free competition entry at any NHRA track for the next 12 months).

This year I qualified as the #5 car in Street ET for Team Raceway Park. It's my 5th Bracket Finals appearance in the last 10 years (2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010). I'll be running "Old Reliable", my '93 Dodge Daytona w/ just over 190,012 miles on the 100% original 100% stock engine. Car # for the event = W153.

The track sits on the Maryland-Delaware border.

Aleromodders are invited to attend (no idea how much spectator admission is).

If you can't make it down/up/over there that weekend, might I suggest Englishtown this Sunday for the Import Survival Series (my car qualifies with the factory-installed Mitsubishi engine), where I'll be beating up on ricers in order to earn enough $ to pay for my hotel at the Finals.

Can't do the import thing this weekend. I have Mr Adam and I can just imaging what the courts would say if he's in a little helmet in his car seat going 92 MPH.

As for the 18th. I going to mark it down and try to make it down. MD isn't that far from me

As the Parson boys going to be there?

Congrats on making it

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
That is litterally about 15 minutes from my house...lol!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
than lonnie you got no excuse lol.. I wish I had a track that close....
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #5
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
That is litterally about 15 minutes from my house...lol!
Like Vic said - then you HAVE to come, Lonnie! No excuses.

I'm actually staying at the Sleep Inn in Salisbury. Getting down there Wed. late afternoon and leaving @ noontime Sunday.

KEN - Billy didn't run points, but Mike qualified #20 in Super. But he turned it down because of the cost to bring the truck & trailer down & back (close to what the hotel's gonna cost me), plus he's gone out 1st round the last 5 weeks in a row, so he doesn't want to bother this year. He's also considering selling the dragster and buying back his old Duster from the guy he sold it to years ago.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
good luck Daytona!!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #7
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Thanks, kwhauck!

Here's a recent pic of the car (launching @ Aug. 1 points race) so those coming to watch'll know how to spot me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8-1-10%201S%20144.jpg (30.1 KB, 55 views)
Old 08-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
He's also considering selling the dragster and buying back his old Duster from the guy he sold it to years ago.

Really!!!

He always said he liked the open wheel car better

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Yeah, he always wanted a dragster. But with his recent struggles it's no longer fun for him. Many time he's gone low-.01x lights and dead on only to lose 1st round to someone with a .00x light dead-on. And it's the same thing every week. Plus it's a pretty tight fit inside the cage since it was originally built for a guy much smaller than him.

At least with the Duster he can run Top Street alongside Billy without worries and some other classes if he feels like it. And he's been pretty successful with the car in the past.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #10
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Yall have a valid point I dont' have an excuse....lol.....I may or may not we'll see not going to make any promises but whether I do or don't I wish you luck dude.

Here is the website for inquiring minds...
http://www.delawareracing.com/home.php?track=Dragway

On a side note: What the heck does admission cost...last time I went there (been a long long time) it wasn't cheap...and that was for spectating?
Old 08-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #11
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
On a side note: What the heck does admission cost...last time I went there (been a long long time) it wasn't cheap...and that was for spectating?

Special events always cost more than regular races. I'm inclined to think, though, that admission would be closer to a normal non-event spectator price (whatever that is) due to the special nature of the event (Division Race, but no Pro & Special Exhibition classes). Then again, you can call then toll-free and find out.

I know that it costs $60 per driver to register for the Finals. Luckily RP is one of the tracks that covers the cost for its team drivers.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
Special events always cost more than regular races. I'm inclined to think, though, that admission would be closer to a normal non-event spectator price (whatever that is) due to the special nature of the event (Division Race, but no Pro & Special Exhibition classes). Then again, you can call then toll-free and find out.

I know that it costs $60 per driver to register for the Finals. Luckily RP is one of the tracks that covers the cost for its team drivers.

Given the location of the track, I'm willing to bet it's cheaper than Mitch and I are used to paying for to get into Englishtown and Atco

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #13
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Given the location of the track, I'm willing to bet it's cheaper than Mitch and I are used to paying for to get into Englishtown and Atco
I've NEVER paid spectator admission to any track. Tech cards sure, but never to spectate. Even my guests always paid their own way to watch me (yes, even Liz).
Old 08-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
I've NEVER paid spectator admission to any track. Tech cards sure, but never to spectate. Even my guests always paid their own way to watch me (yes, even Liz).

Liz, the invisible g/f?

How much does it cost for invisible people to get in?

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 08-30-2010, 01:45 AM   #15
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
$15, but you only get in it at the invisible ticket window.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote