Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 12-09-2003, 05:51 PM   #1
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well here is what was posted before with some corrections from my install

Installation
1. get floor jack or jack stands jack right side of vehicle
2. remove belt
3. remove wheel and tire
4. remove plastic cover in wheel well
5. make sure you keep track of plastic buttons that hold inner wheel well.

6. remove bolt holding A/C condesor and drop it down. (pic #1)
7. remove clips that are holding the pipes right in front of old pulley(pic #2)8. remove bolt holding brake line to inner fender. this allows the pipes for A/C to drop down and won't be resting on brake line and will be out of the way from front of the pulley.(pic #3)

9. take breaker bar and big screw driver and wedge screwdriver inbetween spokes on pulley and engine then loosen bolt. This bolt is very tight. I used an impact and I would recommend using impact. this is an easier and safer of doing it plus you will be able to get bolt good and tight when you reinstall it.
10. remove bolt put in a safe place.

If you do not have a pulley pullier get one now. I went to AUTOZONE
and picked up one made by NECK has a Garaffe in logo for $9.95 all prices are US

11. use pulley pullier to pull old pully off.

12. measure the OD diameter, with micrometer, of the shaft that fits into the front seal. If this diameter is too small you will have an oil leak. mine was .0005" smaller and no oil leaks. so that gives you an idea.

13. put UR pully on
14. Take and put bolt back in pully and tighten down and torqe accordingly
15. reinstall A/C condenser and pipes and clips along with brake line holder.
16. Put inner fender back and make sure all buttons are snapped on
17. put wheel and tire back on torqe accordanly
18. reinstall new belt. the new belt will need to be 2" shorter than factory belt.

DIFFICULTY:

TIME:
Old 12-09-2003, 05:52 PM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
now the pics

pic #1
Old 12-09-2003, 05:53 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

pic # 2
Old 12-09-2003, 05:53 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

pic # 3
Old 12-31-2003, 03:11 PM   #5
alero(hed)

can u tell a difference in power after installing this?
Old 12-31-2003, 11:00 PM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

yes i can. at least 5 hp. gets out of hole a little quicker and revs faster.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:39 PM   #7
alero(hed)

where did u get urs from? i've seen a couple of sites that have it... just wondering
Old 01-02-2004, 03:26 PM   #8
Oldsman
Owner

i got mine from a guy off j-body.org i got the pulley and belt for $115.

http://www.highrevmotorsports.com has them for $174. i can get you the belt number you need for this pulley if you get it.