Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 06-11-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
Orion

Whats the difference between
Muffled Street Cars/Motorcycles
&
Street & Grudge Racing

I can't remember, I am just looking to go down for a few runs for a night. I remember one of them, that it require you to line up with someone else with your times and all. I don't remember. Can Reddog or Daytona, give a description of each? Thanks
Old 06-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Each track might run it a little differently but essentially it's all the same from track to track. Street & Grudge matches is where you and a buddy can go against each other. Muffled Street Cars/Motorcycles is open to anyone and you can race against a buddy then, too, but it's not as structured as the grudge matches wherein you have a better chance of racing who you want. Muffled events you have to run against whomever is paired next to you.

Raceway Park calls their events "Time Trials" or "Test and Tune" where you make as many runs as time allows and you can do it against someone else but there's no dial-ins. "Open Comp" and "Gambler's Races" pit you against an opponent with dials and not necessarily your buddy. Same thing with the actual bracket classes.

We also created a big money match race class (I say "we" since I ran the Control Room there as a track official when we came up with this) for the 1-off BIG $$$ races between 2 competitors. I say BIG because I've seen $65K go down between camps. 2 guys, usually from different states (NY vs. VA, for instance), will come to RP with their posses (imagine 100 people in Caddies, Lincolns, and SUV's, all with their windows tinted beyond legal) and throw down in a winner-take-all race. The computer is set up such that when we enter into this special class in the system the scoreboards shut off, the time card booth stops printing, and the printers in the control room go offline. All anyone can see once the ambers drop is if the lights go green or red and which lane wins. Usually, if someone goes red they have to drop another $500 into the pot and the race goes again. Double greens signify the start of the race that counts and ends with someone tripping the end beams.

Guys use to run illegally on the streets for these big races but with us being so close to NYC they started coming down to our track, knowing that we'd make both cars go through tech inspection. If 1 car fails they lose the race automatically so everyone comes prepared and it limits cheating. The cars ran first as "No Time" cars (scoreboards would show a time). Eventually the races were garnering so much attention that we had to take it a step further and cut off all recording of the race so nobody would know what either drive ran. This was especially handy because certain drivers used to get challenged several times a year and we had to make sure nobody could accuse us of leaking info to the opposing camps.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
Orion

Wow that sounds crazy? Does this still go on? Is it open to the public?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
that would be pretty sweet to go see!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Still goes on. And they run those money races on a normal Sunday, too. That sucks for us regular racers since those retards from NY tend to block everyone's pit spots with their own cars and I don't trust any of them near my car. Those races run in between our own classes. Usually I never know one's going to go on until we see an inordinant amount of tinted cars w/ NY plates on them all over the parking lot.

Not all races are for 65 G's. Alot are $10K-$25K but, yeah, we have had major races. The news is all underground. Don't like to advertise those, especially since we'll be crowded enough as is and there's a limit to how much security we employ on the grounds at any one point in time for different types of days. And the element that these draw isn't exactly wholesome.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:26 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Another problem with these guys

OIL DOWNS

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:50 PM   #7
Orion

Do you usually dial in for Street & Grudge Racing ? I have been to the track three times, and it was at Atco and they where for Test and Tunes. So there was no dialing in. And you just got in line, and raced whoever was in the lane next to you.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #8
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Time trials and practice do not have dials. Elimination rounds do. All depends on how the track you go to considers "street racing" or "grudge matches". Atco might just have open time shots for those events in which case there wouldn't be dials.