Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 10-29-2004, 11:13 PM   #21
mdodge
GLS member

mdodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mdodge
for street driving, do you know of a good plain rotor then if that is the case? Because we all know GMs suck.

Well, I have the powerslots and had them for about 30,000 miles with no problems yet.....yet.
mdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:28 PM   #22
mfuller

Quote:
Originally posted by jackal2000+Oct 29 2004, 09:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jackal2000 @ Oct 29 2004, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mfuller@Oct 29 2004, 11:09 PM
For a street-driven vehicle, just stick to regular, plain rotors (skip the slots and/or drilled holes). Truthfully, stock-sized rotors are too small for how much this car weighs (especially with the V6), and slotted and/or drilled rotors just make the problem of too little rotor mass worse.
this coming from a guy with cross drilled and slotted rotors [/b][/quote]
Yeah, and I actually race my car (legally on a road course) and my rotors are also over 2" larger in diameter, and 1/4" thicker.
In truth, I had ordered plain rotors, and Baer sent me these....it wasn't worth the hassle to send them back (these suckers are HEAVY) and wait 3 weeks for the ones I ordered.

Oh, and I still have my factory rotors on back.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:15 PM   #23
bigd6983

so mfuller your telling me a cross drilled rotor isnt going to help at all.........but will it hold up with stock braking?? im kinda going for the looks more than the performance.....if i wanted performance id go with a baer big brake upgrade..........but i dont race, no road courses, none of that.....
Old 10-30-2004, 02:54 PM   #24
mfuller

Well, if you're just going for cosmetics (looks), cross-drilled stock-sized rotors will fare marginally worse than plain stock-sized rotors.....mostly due to a X-drilled rotor having less thermal capacity.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:06 PM   #25
bigd6983

well yes im going for looks but when it comes to brakes im not going to compromise any breaking for it..........if it was really close 2 the same, like 95% the same that would be ok, but anything less it would concern me.....is there anything, maybe slotted that i could use....
Old 10-31-2004, 01:32 AM   #26
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
a quaility sloted rotor and a good cermaic pad will dispate more heat than the ones on the stock alero. i have had my breake replaced at 12k warped rotors and stuck calapars and they are bad agin at 30k. i have a frend at a break place and he is going to hook me up with the stuff that will last.
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:06 PM   #27
vulgar
GL Member

vulgar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to vulgar Send a message via Yahoo to vulgar
due to the fact that I do quite a bit of city driving and also the fact that im an ahoe had me changing my stock pads and rotors way too often. Now with the baer kit up front and powerslots in the rear im hoping they will last a little while.

the alero will be missed :o(, but I love the mazda6 :o)
vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote