Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Canada

Old 04-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
snake_eyes2

What are your feeling on the whole flag / media banned from the repatriation ceremony?

Just to fill in I am member of the CF and I am just curious to see what everyone else actually feels about the sitiuation.

For those that do not know, PM Harper has gone back to the 80 year old tradition of only lowering the flag on the Peace Tower once a year, not for soldiers who die when they feel like it, as was the Liberal policy.

I agree with the PM, not just cause I am suppose to, but because I feel that they are right. If we start to lower the flag now for soldiers who die in theatre then we disgrace the 60'000 dead from WWII. Or, we could put the flag at half-mast for them as well, the flag will be down for 191 years but itcould be done.

As well as the media not being present when the bodys are brought back to Canada, there are imbedded media that capture images from the Ramp Ceremony in Kandahar but are not allowed access to the base when they return to Canada.

I agree with this as well, I don't think that the general public needs to be with the families when they collect the body. We have had instances in the past where the media have hounded the families immediatly after the family finds out. I find that to be more offensive than anything else, when I deploy again I will make a decleration in my will stating that there will be no press if anything were to happen to me.

Anyway just my $.02
Old 04-28-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
Mischief007
GL Member

Mischief007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mischief007
Media sucks. I wish these animals would grow some sensitivity.

We should be able to sue the media for disturbing our peace.
Mischief007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
PB*Ironmann
GX Member

PB*Ironmann is on a distinguished road
yeah i agree with it all. the flag should be lowerd for every soldier that has givin their lives to this great country.

As for the pigs with cameras. they should only be able to film at the ceromony. i feel the general public should know about it but not at the ramp ceromony.

i also wanted to give a big thank you to you and all of the canadian forces for all the hard work you are doing. know that Yukon territory is right behind u. me and my boys will knock our glasses in your hounor (sorry about the spelling)
PB*Ironmann is offline   Reply With Quote