Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Canada

Old 05-17-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
01GLS

I was driving in the Woodbine & 16th Area and i saw a Black Alero Coupe. I was wondering who it was... and if they are on this forum.... It was black, with the OSV badging on it, and had a dual exhaust. The windows were tinted and i think it had 17's on it... I have an '01 Alero GLS Coupe, and am planning on working on my car this summer. Just wanted to get some ideas and suggestions to what i can do.... any help would be appreciated... Thanx...
Old 05-17-2004, 04:38 PM   #2
Silverknight

I've seen that car before. I hang out at WB/16th sometimes on the weekends. I drive a silver 2 door 5 speed alero.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #3
Baracuda96
V.I.P. Member

Baracuda96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Baracuda96 Send a message via AIM to Baracuda96 Send a message via MSN to Baracuda96 Send a message via Yahoo to Baracuda96
Quote:
Originally posted by 01GLS@May 17 2004, 04:12 PM
I was driving in the Woodbine & 16th Area and i saw a Black Alero Coupe. I was wondering who it was... and if they are on this forum.... It was black, with the OSV badging on it, and had a dual exhaust. The windows were tinted and i think it had 17's on it... I have an '01 Alero GLS Coupe, and am planning on working on my car this summer. Just wanted to get some ideas and suggestions to what i can do.... any help would be appreciated... Thanx...
^^^^ sounds like Oldskool to me...but i'm not sure if he was around there recently....

My boyfriend lives across the street at woodbine / 16th, so if you see a midnite blue alero with graphics/rims, it's prolly me - i'm there quite a bit both on the weekends and during the week.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:12 PM   #4
01GLS

Quote:
Originally posted by Baracuda96+May 17 2004, 10:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baracuda96 @ May 17 2004, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-01GLS@May 17 2004, 04:12 PM
I was driving in the Woodbine & 16th Area and i saw a Black Alero Coupe.Â;-) I was wondering who it was... and if they are on this forum.... It was black, with the OSV badging on it, and had a dual exhaust. The windows were tinted and i think it had 17's on it... I have an '01 Alero GLS Coupe, and am planning on working on my car this summer.Â;-) Just wanted to get some ideas and suggestions to what i can do.... any help would be appreciated...Â;-) Thanx...
^^^^ sounds like Oldskool to me...but i'm not sure if he was around there recently....

My boyfriend lives across the street at woodbine / 16th, so if you see a midnite blue alero with graphics/rims, it's prolly me - i'm there quite a bit both on the weekends and during the week. [/b][/quote]
ya i have seen the midnight blue one... i think you were apart of XCLUSIVECONCEPTS too??? i dont know correct me if i'm wrong. I have their logo on my windshield but i havn't been to any of their meets.... no time. I think it is oldsskool too, i saw the pic of his car on another forum, and it seemed like the one. I live right in that area myself... behind the No-frills....
Old 05-17-2004, 07:23 PM   #5
OLDSskool

Yupp that was me .. when did u see me? I get a few looks now from alero owners... lol
Old 05-17-2004, 07:31 PM   #6
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, Alero owners keep looking at me....I mean my car is not that flashy looking (17's coming next week :thumbsup: ) but I sure am loud now!
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:49 PM   #7
Baracuda96
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Baracuda96 Send a message via AIM to Baracuda96 Send a message via MSN to Baracuda96 Send a message via Yahoo to Baracuda96
I was a part of Xclusive Concepts a couple years back.... but they didn't do all that much at the time - just a meet here and there (Now i understand they're huge)... now i dont' have enough time to do everything... i just really attend the Grandsontario meets and Aleromod meets.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:14 PM   #8
01GLS

Well I only went to one of the "Xclusive" gatherings, I think it was last summer. There were a few other groups there aswell, and the turnout was nice. But after that, just been so busy with work and school, its really hard to pull out time for all that. I've read the posts u guys put on about the meets u guys have here... but i find its so hard to commit to a date and show up. But maybe one day i'll show up to one of them, when I have something done to my car...
Old 05-17-2004, 11:29 PM   #9
Blackfly99
GX Member

Blackfly99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Blackfly99
I've put it off for a very long time but thanks to my girlfriend my car received its 2nd Mod. Its Tinted now!!!...now to get the rims and the Clear corners
Clear Corners
Blackfly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:18 AM   #10
Silverknight

haha my car doesn't growl until I step on the gas. then I get looks like WTF is that the Alero? :P
Old 05-18-2004, 10:17 AM   #11
01GLS

well ur ahead of me now buddy, lol, i dont even have the tints yet. I might get them done in about a weeks time or so. There is a guy XCLUSIVE deals with. This guy does the tints for the LEXUS dealership (don mills & steeles). He normally charges $350 - $400 or so but for XCLUSIVE he's gonna charge about $150. I think its the same Lexus quality too.... i dont know i could be wrong. I'm gonna have to look into it to get more details... the only thing i've done to my car is changed the front headlights to the super white ones.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:19 PM   #12
jjkool

There is a guy named Derik, I can get his number if you want. He does all the speedy and apple glass locations in the T.O/Scar areas and is around the same price...I have no complaints with his work either

What shade are you gonig with?
Old 05-29-2004, 02:54 PM   #13
Blackfly99
GX Member

Blackfly99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Blackfly99
Alright I'm 1/2 way to completing my Next mod. Painting the Calipers Light Blue..Will post picks once I find my camera
Clear Corners
Blackfly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #14
01GLS

Quote:
Originally posted by jjkool@May 28 2004, 02:19 AM
There is a guy named Derik, I can get his number if you want. He does all the speedy and apple glass locations in the T.O/Scar areas and is around the same price...I have no complaints with his work either

What shade are you gonig with?
u know i dont even know what i'm gonna go with yet. I have a black car, and debating if i should go with the mirror tint or not. A friend of mine has the mirror tint on his integra, but he gets pulled over for it all the time... and i dont wanna go thru the hassle... so i dont know.. i'm prob gonna keep it legal.... i've never had tints b4, are there diff. grades or levels? cuz i've seen some tints on cars that look very nice and rich in quality... and some look like poop, so i dont know, maybe u guys might have some ideas or suggestions... :thumbsup:
Old 05-29-2004, 04:39 PM   #15
OLDSskool

Tints go by % and also by the # of layers that are used to compose the tint... the more layers used to compose the tint will make the tint last for longer as you lose approximately 10% of a layer each year.. this is what makes the purpling effect...

I personally have a i think its a 4-5 layer tint and it is 20% all the way around
Old 05-29-2004, 04:56 PM   #16
01GLS

ok, cool. I saw ur tint, its nice. theres one that i've seen, its the black tint but also looks a bit reflective. I've seen some black tints and they look like they're worn out or something. My bro had it done on his Z24 a few years back from TINT KING, and it looked ok from far, but looked all messed up from up close. It also caused the power windows to go up and down very slowley... so is that because of the number of layers too?
Old 05-29-2004, 05:22 PM   #17
OLDSskool

I know the tint you are talking about.. they had it when I was gonna get mine done but the tint was like a 3 layer tint or something so not that great of quality...

I dont know why his windows wouldnt go up and down normally... I mean the tint is very veyr very thin.. I got my tints done @ FX Auto.... they did a good job but a couple spots have small bubbles that I need to get fixed
Old 05-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #18
01GLS

well if u guys can give me the #'s and locations of these places i can prob. check them out... Thanx...
Old 05-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #19
Baracuda96
V.I.P. Member

I got mine done at Ziebart - i think it's 20% on the back windows and 35% on the passenger/driver's side. I was pulled over a few times when i had my old sunbird done with 20% all round and i just wanted to avoid the hassle. It's the police's discretion what they'll call too dark - basically if they feel they can't see you, well, there's a problem.

I got my tint done at warden and eglinton - it was a really good job and was also pretty much a close match when i had to get the driver's side done again cuz of the broken window (break-in). I'm 100% happy with it.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:17 PM   #20
01GLS

Thanx for the reply Jenn (ur name is jenn rite?) i think i saw it on the xclusive website b4, but eitherway... umm ya I see ur car parked by the nofrills plaza all the time now. I'm prob gonna go check that place out this week, do u have an idea of the cost i'm looking at?? cuz that is a very big and important factor lol. thanx again.