Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Canada

Old 05-31-2004, 10:26 PM   #21
Baracuda96
V.I.P. Member

Baracuda96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Baracuda96 Send a message via AIM to Baracuda96 Send a message via MSN to Baracuda96 Send a message via Yahoo to Baracuda96
I think i paid $160 cash - taxes and everythign in because I had a hook up.
But their rates are ok most of the time... around the $200 mark. I would seriously call them or drop in and see what they say.

As for me being around the No frills parking lot all the time, it's cuz my b/f lives in the townhouse complex right on Woodbine and 16th (the SW corner)... We usually drop in to pick up movies, go to shoppers or ice cream.

I used to hang with Exclusive a bit a couple years back - dont' know what happened, but i kinda drifted cuz i was trying to do too much and didnt' have a lot of time to do it.... Oh well...
Old 06-06-2004, 06:05 PM   #22
01GLS

lol, aww thats too bad... well i never got into dealing with that club anyways. I still have their banner on my car, i like the name it self lol "XCLUSIVE CONCEPTS" so thats y i havn't really removed it. other then that, i really havn't been to their group meetings or shows at all.......
Old 06-07-2004, 02:54 PM   #23
a2k
GX Member

a2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey -- i used to work @ Warden/14th -- so near yall.. but im a westsider (etobicoke baby!!)

anyways -- SpeedTech auto in scarborough -- talk to a dude named Sherman -- i got my tint done for $150 all in. 35% on front windows, 15% on rear windows+ rear window. he did a very good job -- no bubbling - BUT the tint stops 1cm from the top of the window (so there is a border at the top of the window) -- if that bothers u.. then u may not wanna check this place out.
a2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:46 AM   #24
01GLS

1 cm???? is that normal?? I know there is normally a border, but does anyone know if 1 cm is normal? cuz it sounds like its alot to me.. i dont know...
Old 06-08-2004, 12:04 PM   #25
a2k
GX Member

i'll snap a pic of the tint/window border for reference.. guess that is easiest.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:28 PM   #26
01GLS

sounds good to me :thumbsup:
Old 06-08-2004, 09:42 PM   #27
a2k
GX Member

dindt' make it home in time.. to dark to take a pic with my cameraphone.. will try again tomarrow
Old 06-11-2004, 05:05 PM   #28
01GLS

lol, no worries......
Old 06-20-2004, 03:12 PM   #29
a2k
GX Member

ok here are the pics i snapped using my CameraPhone.. so not the highest quality. but you can see the window border..

oh yeah i overexaturated the border .. but anyways you'll see (hopefully) in the pic:

FRONT:
Old 06-20-2004, 03:13 PM   #30
a2k
GX Member

and now the back seat window:

also if you see the white border on the side of the window -- it's cuz the rear window doesnt' go straight up and down -- it opens on an angle actually.. so that entire area has to be tint free so the tint doesn't start peeling...

anyways.. dunno how everyone else's tint is done... but dats mine and does my job fine

hope this helps.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:35 PM   #31
01GLS

ok cool thanx........
Old 06-20-2004, 08:55 PM   #32
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
" .... they did a good job but a couple spots have small bubbles that I need to get fixed "

Hey OLDSskool: depending on the number of layers you have, this trick MAY work:

Take a safety pin or a small sewing needle, and poke a hole right in the center of the bubble. Then using a credit card, work the air outta the bubble.

This trick worked on the 3 layer tint I had on one of my old rides, and it just might work for you.... :thumbsup:

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote