Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #81
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I will give Bj props for what he is doing and I do think he knows his stuff but I think there are people more vastly knowledged about the alero and performance than BJ (no i am not saying I am one) they just are either too busy to post because of work or switched to another project and do not posted hardly anymore.

Amen to that brotha.....I had to learn from somewhere, because I certainly dont have the money for alot of R&D. I just know where to look for information on the people that did. Alot of what I am doing is experimental to some degree though. I dont know of anyone else yet that is running a Super-70 on a 3400, and my copper headgaskets I think are a first also with the N-body crowd. Though 3 of us bought them at the same time, I was the first to get them working right, another guy bailed because they're pricey, and the third guy didn't get them working right and dropped to graphite. Then again, I'm pusing 15psi and climbing, and I think he's hovering around 12 at the moment. Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhartwell
So you are telling me an alero engine, stock internals and all, can handle 400+ hp and 15 psi? hah, i think i've heard it all. I don't think an alero's engine can handle 320 HP alone...

I understand your disbelief. Seems like all the people didn't believe Mr. Colombus when he said the world was round either.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #82
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
yes we will see, i'm excited and my project will be setting some firsts also......although with me selling the EM supercharger my goals are quite different as far as where the power is coming from
Old 11-27-2006, 04:45 PM   #83
nhartwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuriku View Post
lol you laugh now dude but wait til the slips he pulls out in the near future proves otherwise......you want a deatiled explaination, talk with cliff...hes the alero engine guru here. if you can prove to us that BJ is full of crap then i would like to hear it but as of right now, based on what BJ is doing and how hes going about doing it, i dont think you stand much of a chance to convince me its not possible.

now your just going to be simply looked at like one of those morons that owns a rice pos honda that thinks a "family" car like an alero cant do shit. congratz!

btw, good job on the edit b4 other ppl saw it lol

LAF, sure sure, a stock alero engine can push 400+ HP, LAF. This is great! I love this crowd. Great imagination.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #84
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
who said he was stock? if he said it he was totally joking.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #85
nhartwell

i believe a rebuilt engine can push 400, but no alero transmission or engine can. U throw one aftermarket component into either of the two and i believe it is no longer a true alero engine or tranmission. It's completely custom.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #86
nhartwell

I'm too lazy to go back and see what i stated in my first argument. But any car can be built to push 800+, if you are willing to spend an extreme ammount of money, and rip the whole thing apart.

Maybe I mislead everyone to say an alero can't push that much. but you will definately have to work with the engine to make it even think of keeping up with that type of power. You cannot just throw a few components on and expect it to run that much. Or at least I can't or don't know how to.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 PM   #87
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhartwell View Post
I'm too lazy to go back and see what i stated in my first argument. But any car can be built to push 800+, if you are willing to spend an extreme ammount of money, and rip the whole thing apart.

Maybe I mislead everyone to say an alero can't push that much. but you will definately have to work with the engine to make it even think of keeping up with that type of power. You cannot just throw a few components on and expect it to run that much. Or at least I can't or don't know how to.

You, my friend, are a tool.

and BlackJack, you said "I understand your disbelief. Seems like all the people didn't believe Mr. Colombus when he said the world was round either."

...Technically, everyone already knew the earth was round at that time. Columbus was merely searching for an easier path, by ocean, to the east (Asia and India) from Europe. Basically, go west to go east. The whole deal about him saying the earth was round and no one believing him and all those cute stories are all make believe. He was responsible however, for the misnaming of all indigenous peoples from the USA. He believed he landed in the Spice Islands of India and named the people in the Carribean "Indians" which made sense...if he were in India like he thought he was.
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #88
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhartwell View Post
you will definately have to work with the engine to make it even think of keeping up with that type of power. You cannot just throw a few components on and expect it to run that much. Or at least I can't or don't know how to.

That's with ANY engine for ANY car. That's why it's call AFTERmarket. Ya think since Honda parts are so cheap that you can slap 2 Gs worth of parts on it, and produce over 500 hp? Parts are nothing without tuning to make them work together, mechanically and electronically.

No one here is naive enough to think that "throwing a few components on" gives great numbers. Well, maybe the noobs, but they'll learn like we all did. But for you to come on here (being new yourself) and downplay the Alero and what it's capable of...........................

I think the question on everyone's mind is "Why do you own one?"
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #89
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the history lesson, but I think you get my point.

I'm pretty much going to say this once for Mr. Hartwell's benefit, since I think the rest of you are pretty much aware already, and he's new guy on the block that knows everything.

First, lets define "stock" engine. I'm sure you've taken the time to not read the stuff I've done to mine. All (all? hahah) I've done with it is swapped in stage 3 heads/intakes, larger injectors, stage 3 turbo setup, headgaskets that will hold over 50psi, and a much larger MAF. There's more to add to it as I get the details worked out here shortly.

However, all the strength components (pistons, rods, crank) and the cam are all stock GM, that came in my car when I bought it. Not rebuilt, not aftermarket....nada.

Now, there are people in the 3400 V6 community with all different kinds of cars...Monte Carlo, Grand Am, even some Fiero swaps.....that are pushing 300-350hp a dime-a-dozen. The ONLY thing that was holding them down at that HP rate was either tune, headgaskets or transmission. And in all of those cases, the transmissions were '02 or older, and make mushroom-clouds at that HP level.

If you like, please feel free to visit some of the other sites for more information, and you'll find people just like myself pushing mid to high 12's in the 1/4 mile on stock bottom ends. www.mymonte.com www.grandamgt.com www.gaownersclub.com www.60degreeV6.com just to name a few. If you'd like to voice your disbelief there as well, I'm sure you'll be laughed off their sites and probably treated much more harshly than you will here.

The only difference between them and me, is I'm running a larger turbo, have more head-work, and have the gaskets that will hold more boost. Takes slightly more time to spool, but it has more legs on top end (high band), and due to the unique headgaskets I have, I'm capable of sustaining higher boost levels than they are.

Now, we have probably some 30+ active members on this site alone that are aware of what I've done with this stock bottom end 3400, and if you think it's likely that I just "fooled them all" then you're basically calling them all a bunch of idiots. Not cool bro, I think there's enough people here that know the 3400 and what it is capable of handling.

Now instead of trying to prove that you know everything, and can tell us all what is possible and not possible in cars we've been handling performance on for quite awhile, why not just sit back and enjoy the show, and who knows...you might just learn something.

-Peace-

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:51 PM   #90
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
I think we're on the same page, Black. A little more long-winded.....lol
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #91
Wreckless
GX Member

Wreckless is on a distinguished road
Personally Id save my 4 bills and try to replicate tail end of the OSV.Not a big fan of wings,but thats what creates diversity right.More power to ya.
Wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:58 PM   #92
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
I think this guy is a bigger idiot than i amlol

Why is this guy telling us shit we already know?????? Telling us we cant just put parts on and think we will get big gains, thanks dude, but im pretty sure almost everyone on here knows that.

DONT PUT THE WING ON THE CAR IT WILL LOOK STUPID, THINK ABOUT IT, THE WING IS GONNA BE WIDER THAN THE FU*KIN CAR!lollol

point being---your an idiot if you put that wing on.(im just trying to help)lol
Old 11-27-2006, 08:58 PM   #93
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
i love how this topic is still on top and has been for like a week rofl
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #94
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
lol HOLY CRAP BJ! I started to think I was readin War & Peace.
Well stated, if he is still skeptical, he has not one ounce of brain.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #95
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
i love how this topic is still on top and has been for like a week rofl

cause everyone is trying to tell this guy not to get the wing, cause everyone he drives by will laugh at himlol
Old 11-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #96
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
I think this guy is a bigger idiot than i amlol

Bout dead even I'd say lol

Old 11-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #97
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
Bout dead even I'd say lol

haha, come on give me credit, i kept the stock wing and im not ricing the car out with big wings that will add 20+ hp and carbon fiber mirrorslol
Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #98
Oldsnut

Quote:
haha, come on give me credit, i kept the stock wing and im not ricing the car out with big wings that will add 20+ hp and carbon fiber mirrorslol
Just bustin your balls kid, just like everyone elselol

Old 11-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #99
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Yea i know, its funny when new people dont know that your kidding and they get all pissed off.(like me with Double0 way back when i first came on herelol)
Old 11-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #100
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
Quote:

you did however paint your engine trim shit blue :\lol
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote