Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
What's wrong with my car?

So... again my car has let me down. I don't mean to rag on Aleros but this car is seriously a piece.

So, here's the long version of the story... I really need to vent. So I'm driving to my interview today (was in Regina.... bout 2 hours from here) goin down the highway and I hear this loud banging noise on the roof of my car. So i'm like WTF, I open the visor for the sunroof and see this big piece of rubber banging the hell out of my roof. I pull over and the weather stripping around the top of the windshield came off completely and is banging against my car. So I pull over... didn't bother trying to put it back on just reefed it out of there and threw it in the back seat. (That should be fixed under warranty tomorrow from the glass shop).

Get to Regina... bout 15 minutes before my interview... driving 100 down ring road and this truck cuts me off. I hit the brakes slow down enough to not hit the truck and the entire car shuts off. No electrical, no engine revs, I just see two lights on on the dash saying it's either an electrical problem, or the oil light. I pull over and try to start the car, get nothing, try two more times, nothing, try a 4th time with the pedal to the floor (Yeah I know you shouldn't do that.... but I was pretty pissed off) and it finally starts.

So I keep driving to my interview (this interview is more important to me than the car). Driving to the interview the signal lights quit working, and the entire car is shaking (kinda the rough idle feeling), the engines got no power (runs like a frickin civic). I get to the interview, park it, and just hope the interview goes well.

Interview goes fine, get out, drive the car, everything runs fine. So phone up my dad see if I should get it checked out, he goes "nah it's just 2 hours away and you got your cell.... if it breaks we'll just get it towed back in". So I drive it back to Saskatoon, no problem. Go to the gas station fill up, drive home and the car starts doing the rough idle thing again.

Any ideas whats wrong with it? I'm really really getting sick of this car. I hope it gets stolen and totalled. Worthless piece of junk.
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote