Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > South

Old 09-13-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
AleroDownSouthGirl

What do you think it's going to do? Or where it's going to go?

I think it's coming for me!!!! Straight up the mouth of the Mississippi River.....eh. I'm hauling tail if it does.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:31 PM   #2
Grouch

Come on Ivan, come get me!!! I haven't seen a good hurricane come through here (Houston) since Allen in the 80's.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #3
misslindseysue

Not that I want it to hit anyone, but I hope it goes for the panhandle of Florday and not the west coast. People there have had enough to deal with. My grandparents' condo just barely made it through the last two. They're a couple miles from the Gulf coast straight west of Tampa.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Quote:
Originally posted by Grouch@Sep 13 2004, 11:31 AM
Come on Ivan, come get me!!! I haven't seen a good hurricane come through here (Houston) since Allen in the 80's.
At least your far enough inland you don't have to worry about the nasty stuff. Galveston on the other hand....
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
alerov6

well looks like its gonna head west towards the panhandle, thank god my roof couldnt take another hurricane
Old 09-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #6
AleroDownSouthGirl

might sound crazy, but I'd like to ride one more out...not bad like this one. more like Andrew. I don't want to see Florida get anymore.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:29 PM   #7
blueyezalero

Quote:
Originally posted by smokinAMD+Sep 13 2004, 11:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (smokinAMD @ Sep 13 2004, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Grouch@Sep 13 2004, 11:31 AM
At least your far enough inland you don't have to worry about the nasty stuff. Galveston on the other hand.... [/b][/quote]
Houston is not that far inland....they do get floods but not the damaging winds. I thought that Houston got hit either last year or year before and had alot of flood damage.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:35 PM   #8
Grouch

Probably, but I just moved back to Houston a few months ago. I haven't lived here since 89.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:41 PM   #9
flalero

Hey, I don't want it to hit the Panhandle! Us (all of the military members) down here are on standby to evacuate the area. Not leaving yet, we are still not sure where it's going.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:52 PM   #10
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AleroDownSouthGirl@Sep 13 2004, 02:18 PM
might sound crazy, but I'd like to ride one more out...not bad like this one. more like Andrew. I don't want to see Florida get anymore.
f*** that
I was in Hollywood FL when Andrew came through. I was in a basement of a house that was completly torn to shreds. My uncle almost died when Hurricane Andrew came through. I wouldn't wish for that type of hurricane to go anywhere. You can have all the fun you want riding out another hurricane. I've lived through probably 10 hurricanes and I wouldn't want to go through any of them again. Perhaps you'll get your wish and have a different perspective on them.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:27 PM   #11
flalero

^^agree, I might sit out a little hurricane, but not this one. Plus, if I am ordered to leave by the commander, I have to go, no questions asked.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:46 PM   #12
mfuller

Ivan makes Andrew look like chickenpoop. Batten down the hatches everyone from New Orleans to Tallahasee.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:56 PM   #13
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry but I gotta agree with jamcllw. I've never been through a hurricane myself, but I still wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:29 PM   #14
AleroDownSouthGirl

I have no choice to stay. I work at a plant and we can't take off or get out of here. If we are able to get off work, I wouldn't know until tomorrow after 3:30pm....damn plants......

I'd probably be gone by now, but the traffic on the roads here in Louisiana aren't even moving. Couldn't get out since yesterday if I had wanted too. A lot of people are stuck in that situation.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:23 PM   #15
blueyezalero

They say Mobile, Ala is right in the middle of it but it's supposed to hit some of the panhandle and La. Kinda looks like it's going for La. I wouldn't want to sit out a hurricane that produces 140+ winds. We had a storm here last year with just 50+ winds and hail. I had damage and it flattened my neighbors garage, actually a few of my neighbors garage. I can't even imagine what 140+ winds can do. Be careful girl.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:09 PM   #16
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
My family's hearts and prayers are with everyone who's in Ivan's way. I hope all of you and your families stay safe.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:25 PM   #17
flalero

So far, the commander has not allowed me to leave, as I do not live in one of the three zones in Bay county that have been evacuated. Hopefully it stays away because I do not feel like being stuck in traffic when the 'cane hits.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:53 AM   #18
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Hope everyone makes it through this one too. Stay safe.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:44 AM   #19
`2000redalero

What'd I tell you, the Tampa Bay area has a force field around it!
Old 09-15-2004, 08:14 PM   #20
flalero

Well, so far no 'cane, but just about a dozen or more tornadoes in the area in the last three hours. Fun times!