Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 05-23-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
bigd6983

on a scale of 1 to 5 (being hardest) id give this a 1-3 depending on your skill

first off your going to need a phillips, flathead, 10mm socket, and a magnetic tip phillips or something like that (not required but helps a lot)

First off your going to take the door panel off, remove the plate with the flathead thats right below the grab handle, then after you pop it off remove remove the two phillips screws. After that pop off the deflector thats on the bottom corner and remove the phillips screw thats in there, next you are going to remove the power window/door lock switches, just pry up on it with a flathead (becareful and go slow) it will take a little bit of force but you will get it, once that comes off unplug the two connectors and put it aside. Next depending on whether you have power outside mirrors just pop off the housing and you can disconnect it it or just hang it out of the way. If you have a door panel tool you can use that or just a flathead screwdriver will work fine, I started at the bottom middle and pryed with the screwdriver a little and also with my other hand, once you get the first couple to pop off the rest are easy. after that pull the panel slightly away from the door and push up.

Once you get the door panel off, remove plastic cover, its just held on by silicone or something like that, you will be able to put it back on when your done.

next you may have to connect your switch momentarily depending on what broke, if your plastic guide connectors broke then you dont have to, if your power motor went out you might have to to get it to go up enough to get at the glass-to-guide connectors. once you get it about 1/2 way up you will see the bolts you need to take off in order to get the window out, now if your plastic connectors broke you dont need to take off those bolts, you can just get it out through the top with the L brackets still attached, if your motor went out, you have to get them undone, (its recomended you remove the glass guider at the top, it just pulls up, will make it easier for the glass to come, but be careful.

once the windows out I recomend you unbolt the motor from the assembly, first undo the electrical connecter and then remove the 3 bolts holding it on, once removed it makes it easier to get the whole thing out without it on there.

next you are going to remove all the bolts holding the assemble to the door, there are 2 on the top on each side, 2 on the bottom on each side, and one somewhere around where the motor was. once you get those off the cable has two points where its clipped onto the door with 2 white tabs, push on the cable and it will pop off.

next you will have to get it out, the whole thing kinda compacts making it easier to come out, just keep moving it around until it comes out and voila your done.

Installation is the opposite, make sure you remember which bolts go where.

any questions feel free to pm me, if you have any additions to this that I missed feel free to add
Old 04-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983@May 23 2004, 12:10 PM

next you will have to get it out, the whole thing kinda compacts making it easier to come out, just keep moving it around until it comes out and voila your done.

I nutsed around with getting the old regulator out for the longest time while replacing my driver's side regulator, then I found the key to making the install SO much easier. There's a small panel about 5" x 8" with 3 studs in it that connects the top of the inner door skin to the bottom, and this is also what the 2 screws are screwing into in behind your interior door handle. Just take the nuts off of this panel, and push in on it. It'll come right out. Once that panel's out of the way, the regulators will go in and out with ease. I took a pic after doing the install, showing the panel I'm referring-to for clarification. Hope this helps someone.

In the blown-up part in the bottom left, I circled the nuts needed to remove the small panel I spoke of above. Like I said, they aren't bolts, they're studs on the panel, so just push on the panel, and it'll come right out. Just don't lose the nuts. lol

**No beer was harmed during the filming of this install** :new_all_coholic:

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #3
bigd6983

lol yea i guess i kinda assumed people would know to take that out, oops lol man i dont see how you could get it out without taking that thing off......but yea thanks youngblood for adding that