Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 03-10-2004, 10:30 PM   #21
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
beautifull, so are the colored bulbs cheap at all? im considering yellow but i better buy a new gauge face first so i can take care of 2 things at once
Old 03-11-2004, 01:01 AM   #22
boarder211

Well, I posted this pic under a different topic, but i think it could be of use here. The stock gauges do tint everything blue. So unless you want to make them more blue, you'd need to replace the gauges in order to get a different colour... well, I suppose you could make purple or green... but that would be about it.

Anyways... here's the gauges infront of a regular, house-hold 60W blub...
Old 04-17-2004, 09:08 PM   #23
mouse

I recently changed all the 194's into multi-changing led's ... they look awsome. :thumbsup:
Old 04-18-2004, 03:14 AM   #24
AleroSS

please post how you did it dude
Old 04-05-2005, 01:07 AM   #25
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
this whole positionin of the needles thing kind of scares me, i'd be afraid that i'd mess something up......but when you turn off the car the needles go back to their default positions, so why would u need to mark them, im confused
Old 04-05-2005, 01:42 AM   #26
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
No, man. I didn't pay attention because that's what I thought. They move around if the cluster gets upside down or anything. just remember where they are, then put em back onin the same spot...: if you lay the cluster flas on a table, the needles wont be all the way down. Remember where they are, then put them back there with the cluster in the same place(flat on the table) and it'll be fine. I'm a dummy so I ferked up the fuel and the speedometer... :rolleyes: don't be like me..lol

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:30 AM   #27
bigd6983

why do u gotta take the needles off in the first place......i didnt hafta take em off when i installed my reverse glow gauges......
Old 04-05-2005, 02:48 AM   #28
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

You don't have to take them off unless you have the vynil stick-on faces... if you have just like the SpeedHut glow ones then you can just thread the needles thru the holes, then stick the faces on.

Old 04-05-2005, 07:14 PM   #29
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone have the reverse glow with intelliglow needles? ....im not sure if it would look right ......... and bigd6983 you wouldnt happen to have a link to where you bought your gauges would you?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:49 AM   #30
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

Since I don't think people understand what i say most of the time (LOL) I thought I would post a pic or 2 of these little suckers being changed. B-spot saved me a lot of frustration when I changed theses bulbs so long ago, but I think peeps either didn't see this or didn't understand it, plus that other guy's link is no longer active, so hereya be

This is where the wire is on the original bulb

stick a knife or a pin under the wire and either pry it out or break it where it's melted to the contact, being careful not to puncture or damage anything.

bulb practically falls out

most new bulbs have both ends of the wire enclosed in the glass, so just unfold the wires, twist them 90* (so the loops will come out as shown in the next pic) and bend the ends out a little (so they're easier to get thru the holes in the socket)

Once the bulb is in and both wires are sticking out over the contacts, use a fingernail, knife, or pin to press them to the metal to ensure contact

VOILA!!

Old 08-18-2005, 02:27 PM   #31
Airbuffkin

Hey, just wanted to let everyone in on a couple of sites I found that may help you out:

http://autolumination.com/74.htm

which sells all kinds of colored regular and led bulbs and they also have the #74 bulbs which I believe someone refered to the smaller bulbs on the instrument cluster earlier as #24 but I believe they are actually #74 and that is the same size bulb that is in the cubby hole in front of the shifter. The other site is:

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedpr...ription.asp?624

This is really cool they sell the replacement bulb holders for the instrument bulbs so that you don't have to un-solder the factory bulbs and try to work a replacement bulb into the old socket. With these sockets all you have to do is plug the bulb in and put it back on the cluster. The connectors for the bulb are actually on the inside of the socket and you don't have to do any modifications to the bulb itself. Good luck!

BRAD