Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 07-08-2005, 02:20 AM   #1
Super White Alero

I did this and its easy to do.

If you are idling above 700+ on your quad4 do these procedure.

1. Clean your TB using brake cleaner, because they evaporate fast and leave no residue.

2. Check your air temperature sensor located on your intake tube. (a black gorumnet should be your first clue)

3. if those fail and you are still idling high do the following:

8mm socket or wrench
Tools required a star-shaped allen-wrench 3/16"
Air Idle control valve - $188 usd (sorry this part is not cheap)

Disconnect the negative side of the battery for 30 minutes.

Locate the AICV on the TB its facing the front of the vehicle on the side where the tube conects in.

Remove the AICV and check to see if its caked with soot. clean it out with brake cleaner. Also clean the opening in the TB as well. I recommend a machine towel. Don't use a Q-tip or a cloths that produces lint.

Installed the clean AICV, test the vehicle. If its still idling high, then you will need to replace the AICV. The cost is $188 usd at Advance, Auto Zone, and $210usd at CarQuest. i recommend talking to a Auto Repair shop and have them get it for you. If you want I can get it for you at the cost of $120usd. Shipping is $15 usd and I will ship it to anywhere in the US. For you Canadians I have to check on delivery prices. If you guys ever need any OEM replacement parts feel free to PM me and I will get you a quote. I can promise you I can get you OEM parts for at least 20% less than retail. Except batteries.

Anyways hope this help