Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:07 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "Grouch"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Grouch")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: APoCÂ;-) www.americanperformanceofcolorado.com

Cost/Shipping: $25/ don't remember

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Been awhile, but I think I bought these by communicating via email.Â;-) Overlays arrived in about a week-and-a-half after ordering.Â;-) No problems.

Initial product impressions, quality: eh so so

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: good

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: I am not a very patient person sometimes and these required a bit of patience.Â;-) Getting the cluster off and apart was easy.Â;-) Getting the overlays separated from their sheet once on the gauges was a pain.Â;-) Yes, I was following the instructions.Â;-) There are a few very small pieces of overlays, such as the insides of the "0" that remained stuck to the paper.Â;-) Had to use an x-acto knife to get them loose and stick them on the gauge.Â;-) I ended up with a few bubbles, most I was able to 'work' out.Â;-) Others disappeared in a day or two.Â;-) Â;-)

Performance, appearance opinions:Â;-) They look alright.Â;-) They need to be more detailed and cut better.Â;-) Some of the lines didn't line up very well.Â;-) You can't see any of the warning lights behind the overlays in the daytime, unless you look really hard.Â;-) You have to paint or do something with your needles cause white on white is not to easy to see in the daytime.

Any other thoughts about the product:Â;-) I'm not pleased with these and will eventually peel these off and get the Speedhut gauges or wait and see what Naich has come up with.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "442alero"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("442alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>What I did with my needles was just dipped the tips as totally covering them throws the balance off speed reads 55 when your doing 75 not a good thing. You can see what I did in members Photo gallery under 442 Alero[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Grouch")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>ahhh, yes, that is another thing I forgot to mention.Â;-) You have to remove your needles to install these.Â;-) Getting them back in the right place can be a pain.Â;-) yes, still followed the instructions.Â;-) My tach & fuel are right, my speedo is 3-mph fast, and my temp is a little low and sticks every now and then.Â;-)

I scraped the white off the bottom of the needles and painted that area red.Â;-) Looks great in the daylight, but useless at night.Â;-) Now like Silent, I am looking for new needles.Â;-) But will wait till I change the gauges over.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("99aleroGL")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I hate these gauges, they look like crap and I do NOT reccomend them to ANYONE[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("layton_1228")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>im not very hppy about mine...but i cant say that i hate them...the quality could be better but overall just looking into the car they lookg great..up close is a diff. story.Â;-) as for the needles...im still having a prob with the speedo. but after several triesÂ;-) i think its getting closer...[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Silentalero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>well my personal experince with the overlays are NOT good, they bubble and look kinda crappy becuase of the #'s not lining up.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("tuckbar")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I got my overlays from Amer. Perf. of Colorado for $25 + $5 Shipping. Right out of the box I thought "is this it???"

I followed the instructions, which were spot on, Except when it came to removing the face of the gauges, which appear to be glued down with a gallon of glue. I found that I could install them just as easily without removing the gauge face. After putting the Temp & Gas gauge overlays on I thought this is easy. Then I did the Speedometer, What a PITA! trying to get it lined up was a nightmare, as was trying to get the little circles (that go inside the "9", the "6" and the "0") finally I got that and the Tach on. Then I realized that since I now have White gauges I better do something with the white neeles. So I used a razor and scraped off the white paint on the underside of the needle and then painted them orange.

In the end, while the spedo does not line up as perfectly as it should, I really like the gauges. They really look cool when there is a little light outside, (i.e. at dusk or with bright street lights) but dark enough to turn you headlamps on, they seem to glow. The orange needles look great durring the day and still glow orange at night.

So if you do spring for them, keep in mind they are not perfect, but for $25 they are well worth it. Also 2 things that I think should be considered are : 1.) no need to remove the existing gauge face to apply the overlays, just be carefull with the water when squeeging, and 2.) buy some model paint & a small brush to paint your needles.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("badredalero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I too got the Import Intelligence Gauge Overlays, but I got mine in carbon fiber, and one word comes to mind..........CRAP.........they were the biggest waste of $35 in my entire life.Â;-) They bubble and look cheap, beside the fact their a pain to install, my advice, put the $35 bucks in the bank, and in a few months buy a CAI, alot better use of the "green".[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Big Poppa Naich")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>buy my halo guages!Â;-) I too had II stickers... and they didn't satisfy me at all.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("six01playa")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: www.importintelligence.com

Cost/Shipping: $25/$6

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Ordered them on Sunday and got them Tuesday, no problems, very quick delivery.

Initial product impressions, quality: Nice, look great at night.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Pretty good.

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: The gauge cluster was very easy to get off, and the new guages were very easy to take off and put on.Â;-) I ended up with a few bubbles in one of the guages, but the other three I didn't have any bubbles at all.

Performance, appearance opinions: They look great at night and give a much sportier appearance in the daytime.Â;-) I painted the tips of the needles and that makes it look very good together.

Any other thoughts about the product: If I hadn't tried to rush on that last guage, then I wouldn't have had any bubbles at all.Â;-) Blame it on my fiance, she called me while I was putting the last one on and it's kinda hard to get it on perfect while on the phone.Â;-) Overall though, I'm impressed with them.Â;-) THe only reason I didn't go with the Halo gauges was because I'm doing all of my trim on my car Blue/Green and I didn't want a bunch of red in there.Â;-) If the Halo gauges eventually come out with the option of blue/green lettering then I would definitely switch to that though.[/b][/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"SweetAlero99"
@
i have teh white face guages along with the glowing needle kit.

i must say i think i did a pretty good job on my guages and they look pretty dam good. and the needles are way cooler than the halo guages in my opinion.

think abuot the halo's are they are so dam bright at night. its unreal. at night i just dim all my interior lights down and all you see is my glowing needles moving. it looks really cool............. just ask soundxtreme.
[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"Silentalero"

i experience that daily, and yea mine use to have bubbles like crazy, thats why I ripped em off, n went with halos'[/quote]