Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:39 PM   #1
Grouch

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by "iceman"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("iceman")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I consider plastic ballast cases required for 2 reasons ..

1) protect the ballasts from the weather (they are weathertight)
2) since our cars use negative triggering headlights, if the ballast touches the frame, the lights are always on.

More importantly, #1... proof.. my ballasts have been mounted behind the headlights since thanksgiving. This is the amount of dirt/crap on one of them:

And in the plastic case:

Mounted FYI

Product can be found here: http://suvlights.tripod.com/suvlightscom/h...hilipsbulbs.htm

The store is legit, I ordered from them, very fast shipping. You want the product at the very bottom, "Non-conductive ABS plastic mounting case," they are 15 bucks each, get 2.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "Big Poppa Naich"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Big Poppa Naich")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>yeahl, i have trouble with mine, when i go over bumps my ballasts hit metal and flash on... not a good thing.

I just ordered these cases.[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("iceman")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Naich i stuck a how-to on gagt... If you need that info for the alero harnesses again, let me know I'll get it to you so we can get one complete for the alero's.

BTW on the site it says the cases are for Philips ballasts... Hella makes Philip's ballasts for them so don't worry.[/b][/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"iceman"
@
Well, I had my housings out for the first time in a while this past weekend, and my plastic cases are covered in crap. I'm glad it's these and not the ballasts [/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"iceman"

Quick update, Alan Jung's email finally works, he is working on getting the ballast boxes available through him since they are damn near impossible to find. He is also well aware of our negative-triggered GM lights and is equally annoyed at them as us [/quote]