Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 06:01 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "Big Poppa Naich"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Big Poppa Naich")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: Used, but available from APOC
Cost/Shipping: ~$420 shipped
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: APOC Rules

Initial product impressions, quality: Looks great, stainless steel pipes all around, nice polished tips, great build quality. Muffler looks much smaller than the stock one.
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Don't really need them.
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Easy... just cut off the old one after the cat (use a dremel or even a hacksaw), and clamp in the new one. A lift of jack will make installation much easier.
If not self installed, cost of installation: Don't pay more than $100 for installation, it is extremely simple.

Performance, appearance opinions: Sounds GREAT. Very much like my friends' mystic cobras. I'll post some cound clips and video clips once I wash my car...
Any other thoughts about the product: I like the looks better than borla, which I have also seen and heard in person. It is louder than borla, but also has less of the "ricey backfire" sound durring deceleration. I rarely ever get that noise.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "Grant"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Grant")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>After much investigation, I selected the SLP. Sounds great at idle...a touch "boomy" at cruising speeds. Rev'ing it at stoplights lets the ricer next to you that you're not stock.

A couple of thoughts:

- you need to trim the lip of the rear/bumper facia on the passenger side so the tips are level and don't bump or touch.

- I had an exhaust place put this on for $100...money well spent as they had to modify one of the hangers to keep system from rattling. I stood in the bay the whole time and this was really needed.

- I immediately noticed having to crank the engine longer on restart after turning it off when warm. Never had problem before...probably something to do with reduced backpressure.

- For the price, sound, looks, and performance, this system can't be beat.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-"cavingman"
@
i loooove mine!

had to make a custom muffler stand though for the install...
[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"Silentalero"

i got the 2.4L slp...sounds nice, but kinda raspy at high rpms
[/quote]