Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-03-2011, 04:38 AM   #1
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
cheap abs scanner?

does anyone know of a cheap effective abs scanner? i just need to know which one of my speed sensors is bad. if there isnt anything cheaper than getting it diagnosed at a shop i'll just do that..
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Being able to read ABS codes is why I bought a more expensive OBD2 code reader.

You can buy separate ABS scanners like this one though:
http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP9449-.../dp/B000YJ053O
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
i was looking at that. i will probably end up buying it, i hope its not a piece of crap xD
Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
There was someone else here who said that simply called around to different Autozone's until they found one that was using the OBD2 scanner that also did ABS, so they just drove to that one to get their ABS codes read.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
Does that thing do other BCM codes or strictly ABS?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
zzyzzx
GLS member

For $68.10, it only does ABS codes, I would think. Ones that do everything like that (ABS and OBD) cost more like a minimum of $200 (I just bought one, so that's how I know). I am not sure what you mean by BCM

The Actron ABS BrakeScan connects to the OBD-II port on most domestic vehicles 1996 and newer. It diagnoses the brake control module, ABS pump motor, brake switch, wheel speed sensors, ABS solenoids, vehicle speed sensors and more.

Last edited by zzyzzx : 11-03-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
imo... spend the 150 and get one that reads your full car. Owning a car more than 4 years old; I say you spend the money on one. It's in the age range where a scaner that has the ability to do both is what you want. Again, just my 2-cnts
... or buy an ohms meter and check it yourself!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
zzyzzx
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
imo... spend the 150 and get one that reads your full car. Owning a car more than 4 years old; I say you spend the money on one. It's in the age range where a scaner that has the ability to do both is what you want. Again, just my 2-cnts
... or buy an ohms meter and check it yourself!

You can read OBD2 codes with a ohms meter???
Old 11-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #9
mastershake
GL Member

got it in the mail today, wow that was fast! yes it does also read brake codes (had a low brake fluid code stored)
Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #10
zzyzzx
GLS member

Please leave a review here and on Amazon. We will still want to know how good it works on an Alero and any other car you have. I.E. - plug it into every OBD2 car you have and see if it seems to work in all of them.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
mastershake
GL Member

well it's good for what it cost.. its way bigger than it looks online... doesn't show live data from wheel speed sensors but it does do what it says it does (for the alero). i believe it clears codes also. theres a list of cars it works on, so if your car is on it im sure it will work fine.