Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:47 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "Orion"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Orion")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: CustomCarGrills.com
Cost/Shipping: 19.99
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Amazing Service

OSV Emblems - SV
http://www.customcargrills.com

Initial product impressions, quality: Very Nice, Looks amazing, Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Extreamly Easy
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Pull the Vinal Sticker off Paper and install hahah
If not self installed, cost of installation: If you can't install these Elblems then there is something wrong with you.

Performance, appearance opinions: Looks Great, seems to make the car look more bad ass, if you don't have anything else on it. I took off my other decals because these spoke for a hard ass alero themselves.

Any other thoughts about the product: Great Looking, would recommend to anyone!
[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "Grouch"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Grouch")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Changed the title so we can put all the badge reviews in here. I have badges from both CustomCarGrills and Crazytaxi.

CustomCarGrills
Store/Site purchased: http://www.customcargrills.com/

Cost/Shipping: $20 for 3 badges

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Quick delivery, no problems

Initial product impressions, quality: More like flat vinyl stickers than badges. Though this has been changed, read below.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: None and not really needed

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Not yet installed. The two smaller badges would look great in the center caps of rims. Which is what I am planning on doing with them. Gotta order another set though.

If not self installed, cost of installation: NA

Performance, appearance opinions: Not too impressed by these. Though I got some out of the first batch which were just flat vinyl. They have since been redone and more closely mimic that of an actual badge with a clear “domed” overlay and they are available in custom colors. I have not seen any of the newer badges. You can see the new badges and colors in this thread here: http://forums.aleromod.com/viewtopic.php?t=4711
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crazytaxi's
Store/Site purchased: Crazytaxi37 via Aleromod http://www.aleromod.com/subdomains/forums/...opic.php?t=4300

Cost/Shipping: $23 for 2 badges

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Very quick delivery. Talkin like got them 3-days after paying.

Initial product impressions, quality: Nice.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Again, none and not needed.

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: not installed yet

If not self installed, cost of installation: NA

Performance, appearance opinions: Looks sharp. The silver/gray area’s of the CustomCarGrills badges are chrome appearing in these. There is a clear domed overlay on top of the vinyl underneath.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other thoughts:
Both badges would serve their purpose. I like the smaller ones from CCG for the rim idea and a few other ideas that could be done with them. I like Crazy’s as they would look a little better on the fenders. But again CCG's newer badges probably would also.

Thanks to both Matt at CustomCarGrills and Crazytaxi for making these for us.

CustomCarGrills

Crazytaxi

Both

editted pic links.[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("99alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i bought both too and the ones from the customCarGrills where not to great. They were touched up with magic marker and look cheap.

Crazytaxis where very high quality and where not flat. Well worth the money. Look great on my alero![/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Orion")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I would have to disagree there the ones from Custom cargrills work great, and they are not touched up with magic marker lol, they look great on mine, let me post some pictures in 2 days[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("customcargrills")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Ok, here is a little news I personally did not know. I saw the picture from Grouch and I thought "damn... that does look like magic marker"

I talked to the guy who did them and he said that there WERE 2-3 sets that were touched up when he first made them. They were hand drawn at one point and hand touched up for whatever reason.

I'll admit the first design was not the best but has since been fixed, domed, and in a variety of colors like Grouch said. If anyone has a set of the OSV's that are touched up and wants replacements, I feel this is something I owe you. I don't try to let flawed products out but from time to time, there is information withheld from me of which I cannot always control.

The emblems that Grouch and more than likely 99alero bought were sub par and apologize for that. Let me know if you guys or any others w/ "touched up" emblems are interested in free domes replacements.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Crazytaxi37")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>That's very stand up of you CustomCarGrill. My hat is off to you. Much better service than I've seen lately.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("99alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>As soon as my body kit comes in ill hit you up! Thanks very much. I like people who stand behind their work! [/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("customcargrills")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It's no problem guys. In all honestly the Alero customers are the best customers. I try to take care of my customers and since you guys are my best customers I think you guys deserve the best service I can give.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Silentalero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>wow, I just wanted to tell ya, that is excellent customer service. Defintly a company to do business with.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("99alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i have crazy's on the side and customcargrills big one on the rear they work great together.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Pilate")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Crazy's OSV Emblems:
I must say these look great! High Quality! Very Impressive and great service too! [/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Grouch")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("PaulVS")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>New colors coming? I like the emblems, but the bright red might look wrong on my ruby red alero.[/b][/quote]

new link to the thread with the colored ones. http://forums.aleromod.com/viewtopic.php?t=4711[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("customcargrills")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Yep... I can do colors. I have some yellow/silver in stock even. That seems to be a popular choice but most anything is possible.[/b][/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"blackalero3400"
@
I went and got some of Crazytaxi's LOVE EM. I got them very fast thanks man! [/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"02 blck gls"

Just received mine yesterday from CrazyTaxi. Overall, qulaity is GREAT and looks jut like the real emblem. I installed them last night and they look awesome.
I paid him on a saturday and I recieved them in 3 days from shipping. Great seller!
[/quote]