Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:57 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "2ndAlero"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("2ndAlero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: AutoZone
Cost/Shipping: I think $8.00
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Picked it off the shelf and paid for it.. no problems there.

Initial product impressions, quality: WOW!! I've been trying to find a clay bar product for sometime, and I'll say this stuff works wonders!

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Wash your car, get it in the shade. Spray A LITTLE of the included lube on a small area and rub the clay over the lubed up area. Do your entire car. You'll notice how much smoother the finish is right away.

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Super easy... no worse than waxing.

If not self installed, cost of installation: N/A

Performance, appearance opinions: Works great, used prior to waxing the car today.

Any other thoughts about the product: This is the ONLY Clay Bar I can find now. I think the Mother's is off the market due to this Clay Magic having the Patent on the Clay that is used. I wasn't sure how well this stuff was going to work, but it was worth 10x the money I paid for it and the waxing looks a LOT better than it usually does after using the clay bar.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "SweetAlero99"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("SweetAlero99")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>^^^^ yup it rules. and ur correct......... mothers is off the market now. clay magic is the only shiznit u can get[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Shawn Turner")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I have the mothers clay.......and maybe I was doin it wrong, but when I sprayed the shiznit on my car and then took the clay to it....it just left wax marks all over the place....looked like utter shiet.

should I be pushin harder.....lighter......throwing it in the trash? [/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("2ndAlero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I used very light pressure. I noticed if I didn't have enough of their spray on the car that I would get those wax marks... but a little spray seemed to go a long way.

The car felt great after the clay bar... then I did the Meguire's 3 step after that and the car is sitting pretty right now in the garage.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("korey")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Ditto. I recently purchased the same stuff at Autozone ($10). It was excellent and easy to use -- much easier than I expected. I only used it on the Horizontal surfaces. She's as smooth as a baby's bottom now....[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Oldsman71")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>is this stuff a wax or just a scratch filler.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("3.4Alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Neither... It's a piece of clay. You spray a special lubricant on a small area of the car, then rub the clay over it. The clay removes small particles of dirt, etc. embedded in the paint, making a very smooth surface. Works very well.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("2ndAlero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-"Oldsman71"
@
so this takes the place of buffing then?[/quote]

Yeah.. you could say that. Plus it's not abrasive to the paint, so you don't have to worry about "over working" it or anything.

After rubbing the clay bar over the car it was as smooth as a good quality wax job, and it removed a lot of little specs of stuff, pin sap, and things I just haven't been able to get out (without going to polishing compound or anything like that).[/b][/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"3.4Alero"

I don't think I've ever heard any bad remarks about it. Everyone who uses it seems to really like it.[/quote]