Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 06:50 PM   #1
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally posted by "mason"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("mason")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Just wanted to say i just installed a Magnaflow muffler and 2.5" cat back pipe, all custom work, and i love it..... sounds nice and deep, and performance wise I got a 15.7 second at the track, with only a warm air intake also.Â;-) So overall i was generally impressed, there is a little noise in the cabin at higher speed but i guess i should expect that, however it's quiet at idle....[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "rowhard009"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("rowhard009")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I have a hi-flow cat, with 2.25" pipes back (w/o resonator) to a magnaflow muffler and the sound it makes is quite deep, especially for a 4cyl.Â;-) The car is pretty quiet at idle and while cruising at constant speeds, but under harder acceleration or high rpms it gets drastically louder (and raspy) - to the point where it can hurt your ears if you're right behind the car. :P[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("The Old Guy")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Im running a single Magnaflow with 2 1/4" Cat back. I went with John's (Springs Fastest Alero) suggestion of a 4" round for the resonator which is a straight through muffler since I didn't want it to be too loud. It's got a nice throaty sound without any cabin noise. I'm around a 15.6 to 15.8 sec time at the track with the CAI and exhaust so I'm happy with it.[/b][/quote]
<!--QuoteBegin-"3.4Alero"
@
hmmm... I went with the same 2.5" setup on my 3400, and I'll admit, I love the sound on the outside, but the interior noise DOES get annoying.Â;-) I may have to look into a resonator.[/quote]
<!--QuoteBegin-"SC/ALERO"

I have the same set up as you matt except for the highflow cat but everything is identical to yours and mine doesn't make very much noise i was expecting loud that was why i went with you set up. i can't imagine the cat muffing that much noise out, also when i put thee last elbow on from the muffler to the tip it really got quite. it was louder without the tip then it is with the tip .
i have tog headers slp cat back and magnaflow muffler one in one out hmmmm. why the different sound. possibly altitude, lol
[/quote]

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote