Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
kddanger

I worked on my car last night, hit the ignition and the motor backfired,instantly going up in flames, litterally. So then I jumped back in shut it off and pushed my burning car outside the shop. Just a reminder to everyone to keep a fire extingusher handy. Or you will be going next door at 2 am to borrow one.

The explination I have for it is that apparntly I didn't seat a fuel injector properly or it got knocked loose(odds are pretty stacked for the second) sprayed atomized fuel into the air and ignited. Now for those who never seen this before it took less than ten seconds to happen.

So in short, will buy used parts.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Damn, Iam sure everyone is glad your alright including me. That stuff is really dangerous, how much damage did it do?
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
kddanger

haven't added anything up yet, hurt your feelings worse than anything, man I pretty proud of doing another good job, pat yourself on the back, and then you turn around to see that.

I used to cuss if got done and found a small leak.

I while back I put new head gaskets on my grandmothers car, put it all toghether took it for a drive. when i got back i found an oil leak, I got hurried and forgot to put silicon on the intake valleys.

I used to think that was the worst you could do.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any estimate on the damage?

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:34 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
wow. well at least your ok. hope its not too much damage.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #6
kddanger

If all else goes south, that I greet my insurance guy on first name basis.

I haven't added any prices, yet, lots of melted plastic around the drives side of the engine compartment, maybe burnt the paint alittle, maybe 2 grand, I don't really know how bad yet, I have to borrow my old mans truck and trailer and take it to the car wash. It might sit awhile, i am doing some customizing on a harley I bought, when I get it finished I was expecting a 3 grand profit on it. It might be a better deal to be paitent on the car. It aint goin anywhere,although it stayed running while it burned> I always wanted to climb into a burning vehicle.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #7
kddanger

I'm off to get the trailer. Post some more, and still looking for a few used parts.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:51 PM   #8
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Should post up some pics.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:22 PM   #9
kddanger

I'll try to borrow a camara.

figured it out. went out and turned the ignition on to prime the fuel, I have a leak on the rear injector rail where the line screws in. When I pulled mine out I didn't have an O ring on it although now I know there is supposed to be(Please note I went to autobody school) So my O ring was left inside the rail, and I simply re-attached the line. the fuel must have sprayed down around the spark plugs and I must also have had one spark outside the boot.

I'm going to try gettting a hard roll-over out of the denver salvage auction, so I have all the misc. crap that burned up. I think maybe I can get one for 1500, keep most of the parts and scrap the body.