Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Seorsum
GX Member

Seorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond reputeSeorsum has a reputation beyond repute
Window doesn't roll up white plastic clip.

As I rolled up my passenger side rear window the other day I heard a crack. After that it wouldn't roll up, but it would roll down. I had this issue with the driver side already and just simply moved the little nugget on the wire on the other side of the clip so it will roll up and just let gravity roll it down.

I searched the forums and found part numbers and everything, but they all are for the clips that hold the window to the regulator. I need what's in the picture above.
Searching on ebay gave me these:

They look nothing like the broken ones in my door.
Am I just looking at it wrong, or can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Chris2000
GL Member

Chris2000 is on a distinguished road
Those are it, just fixed both of my windows on my coupe cause of this issue.

Go to autozone, they are located in the aisle and are the "HELP! accessories" in a package. They are called window guides.

The way I fixed mine was pulling the window out of the door and making sure the "sash" (black part) is still holding the window and left that alone.

Next you take the metal piece and put it together with the guide. After taking your door panel off (which should be off to get the window out) you can reach behind the rail and fit the ball into the window guide.

The ball goes into here, and the wire piece goes into the other 2 small openings you'll see when you have the piece.

http://s822.photobucket.com/user/ChrisDaniak/media/guide_zpse6e1461e.jpg.html?filters[user]=99882301&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Finally you put the window back in and bolt up the metal piece to the sash and you're done.

Edit: Oh the the pieces circle in blue also have to grab onto the rail. They hold onto it. http://s822.photobucket.com/user/ChrisDaniak/media/guide_zps5b755f26.jpg.html?filters[user]=99882301&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Last edited by Chris2000 : 08-20-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Chris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Those are the ones... honestly tho me and fisdad just got em from aleros at the jy
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
On the rear windows you have to buy a whole new window regulator, which usually will come with a new motor. They are cheap off of eBay. The plastic clips you show are only for the front window regulators. I keep them at home as spare parts, just in case.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote