Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
redrider07
GX Member

redrider07 is on a distinguished road
IAT sensor in CAI....problems:(

Ok I am getting really irritated with the IAT sensor on my car. My SES light is on.....my car is shifting really hard....like jerking when I first give it gas and I know it is because the IAT sensor in my CAI is not sitting flat. I have already had this problem before and the mechanic had to clear the code and charge me 50 bucks....he said to get rid of the CAI.

I checked the IAT sensor though and it is all the way down and flat....so I dont know what to do????? It is the sensor that connects to the top of the intake.....not on the side right....just to double check....becasue there is the hole in the top...in front of the MAF and there is the other one on the side of the intake????

All the connections seem to be really tight....yet this happened before and the mechanic said its the IAT sensor in the CAI.....SUCKS
redrider07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
lol.. lemme find a picture of mine- the IAT sensor goes into the back side of the intake (staring at the motor from the front of the car)

(pictured below) you'll notice a vaccume hose goes into the top.. and the IAT sensor plugs into the hole on the back side- try that and let us know what happens.

Last edited by Midgear : 08-04-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
Midgear
on vacation

here we go.. (EXCUSE THE CRAP ASS COLORS) this is what happens when you find paint laying around.. and your internet is shut off. *note* those wires running from the battery no longer exist.. took em off.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #4
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero

Last edited by AftermathAlero : 08-05-2008 at 01:33 AM.
AftermathAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
Midgear
on vacation

updates?

Last edited by Midgear : 08-05-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #6
JOEY GLADSTONE
GX Member

JOEY GLADSTONE is on a distinguished road
buy a new IAT sensor and splice it in, the reason why it is shifitng hard is because your IAT sensor is shot and is telling your cars computer the temperature is some rediculous number like -44F so to compensate the tranny shifts hard as if it was that temperature, but since its way over that your car will shift VERY hard
JOEY GLADSTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
mainard
GX Member

mainard is on a distinguished road
My car did the same thing only it was a broken wire on the MAF.
mainard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider07 View Post
mechanic had to clear the code and charge me 50 bucks....he said to get rid of the CAI.
LOL, what a douchebag, and you got raped.

Car's in limp mode for some reason. It's not getting information from the IAT or the MAF, check your wires, see if they're loose/broken/shorting. The angle of the IAT sensor is totally irrelevant.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #9
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
LOL, what a douchebag, and you got raped.

Car's in limp mode for some reason. It's not getting information from the IAT or the MAF, check your wires, see if they're loose/broken/shorting. The angle of the IAT sensor is totally irrelevant.

Agreed, angle has nothing to do with that, check your wires, if they ok, change the sensors.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #10
jaxalero
GX Member

jaxalero is on a distinguished road
I lived with this problem for so long. I went to 3 different places and they said the sensor was bad. I found this site, checked the wires and fixed it. Its an easy fix, shouldnt take longer than 5 minutes
jaxalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
You could try the sensor, probably bad

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #12
jwateland
GX Member

jwateland is on a distinguished road
yup, probably the sensor or something with the wiring. I moved my sensor down near the intake filter and put it top of the tube for easy access and have no problems with it. The placement or the angle of the sensor would have nothing to do with your warning light coming on. quick note: the closer you can get yor iat sensor to where the air is coming in on you cold air intake the more accurate reading your sensor will produce.
jwateland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
actually, the closer you can get your sensor to the manifold, the more accurate reading it will get for the actual temperature of the air that's going into the engine. mine's in the supercharger manifold so it gets the IATs that are actually entering the engine
Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #14
jwateland
GX Member

jwateland is on a distinguished road
oh ok, then if it reads the cooler air coming into the the engine, doesn't it give better performance
jwateland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

if the air isn't cool once it gets to the engine it's not accurate...