Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
DRM Racing
GX Member

DRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond repute
Hello everyone.. not 56k friendly

Sorry its taken me so long to post in here but I figured I would say hi and post a few pics of my rides and progress on both. I am sorry if i have been a bother on here to others cause that wasn't my intentions at all. I am a huge enthusiast of the N bodies and really like being on here. ME and my wife are building a his and hers kind of deal. I have the 99 Pontiac Grand Am GT and she has the 02 Alero. our plans are to do both cars somewhat the same but different. Like the paint colors will be different and upgrade to the motors and such since both vehicles have different motors.either way here are some pictures of things that have been done and future mods for down the road. First the Grand Am. here is a list of mods that have been done to the Grand Am since I got it a few years ago.
(( Pontiac Grand Am GT 2D
3400 H.O. V6 Auto
CAI
Engine rebuild kit about 3 years ago
3" exhaust
High flow cat and mufflers
36 way adjustable full coilover kit
brand new CV axles, tie rod ends, ball joints, hub assemblies, lower control arms with new Poly Bushings
Cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads
full crappy body kit
Black projector headlights with dual halos and HID kit
Black LED tail lights
LED third brake light
Painted interior( painted before I got the car)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BU DVD player
Infinity kappa perfect 6.1 Components
Infinity kappa 693.9i 6x9's
Infinity KappaFour 1,200w 4 channel amp
Infinity KappaOne 1,600w Mono Amp
3 Infinity 120.9 12" DVC Subs
Kenetik HC800 Battery

This is the most recent picture of the Grand Am right now. This is before the new lowering kit was installed and the new side skirts. This is what she looked like with the coilover kit that I carry.

New suspension next to the old suspension.

Before the new suspension was installed.

This is after i got the front done.

This is after I got all four sides done. The side skirts are off cause I installed some new side skirts.

Black Projector Headlights with 35w 6000k HID kit.

Blacked out LED tail lights. Yes I know the back bumper look like shit. the kid who had this car before me ran the crap out of the car and mangled the back bumper pretty bad. I am just going to get another complete kit from draflex this time instead of the cheap AIT thats on there now.

Here is an older picture of the new exhaust and the old tails that had to go.
Now the exhaust is 3" through a high flow cat to 3" inlet 4.5" outlet mufflers. I know they are fart cans but I love how they sound. Very deep yet quiet during normal driving but have a nice Low Growl at WOT.

Here is a better side pic of the car and rims. 18x8.5 with 215/35/18 Diamond back tires. I had the rims painted to match the car. Mostly white with a polished lip.
Sadly enough the Grand AM is down right now getting the engine rebuilt again due to spinning a rod bearing. But it gives me a chance to do some much needed upgrades like 3500 heads, bigger TB Ported intake manifold and whatever else I can think of for right now that fits in my budget.

Now for the Alero
02 Olds Alero 2D
2.2l Ecotec Auto

Here is what she looks like right Now. I have a ton of stuff coming in still so I will add them as soon as I get them installed.
another Front pic and the cleared headlights.

Rear shot of the beast lol.

And another. this car is pretty clean. only has one minor spot on the rear quarter panel where is starting to rust a little. quite typical for an Alero though.

Well to start off the little stuff I have done this was one of the first things I had made for the car. Its laser cut with a mirrored back to it. Before I installed it I had my doubts on if you would be able to see it in the light and after installing it I was right. Its very hard to read so I plan on scuffing the tops and painting them black.

there was a slight overcast when this picture was taken so you can kinda see the badge better.

This was a little item I found on ebay that I thought would make a real nice addition to the car. Its a chrome cigarette lighter with real carbon fiber center and the Decepticon logoin the middle.

Here is a pic of it in the car. One thing I can say it that is not cheaply made. and looks good.

Here are the New rims for the alero. Just got them in. Same rims as whats on the Grand Am just had them painted black with blue. I also had custom center caps with the Decepticon logo Made as well. The rims are made by Koyo they are 18x8.5 43mm offset. I think the rims came out alot nicer then what I was expecting and am very happy with them. I cant wait to get them put on.

I didnt go real fancy with the tires this time. I just read a bunch of reviews on some different tires I was looking at and pretty much these were a ok bang for the buck tire. I went with a nankang ns-2 tire and are a 215/35/18.

ok i did a lot od shopping around and finally found this header for the 2.2l Ecotec. Compared to other headers I have been looking at this one had a great price of 125.00. I know that its for the 03-05 Cavalier/ Sunfires but I wasnt worried if it was cause I already figured that this was going to have to be fabricated along with the rest of the exhaust.

The mufflers came in today so I am now just waiting for the high flow cat to come in then its off to the exhaust shop. I really wasnt looking for the burnt tip but I picked them up for 100.00 and they are brand new. The mufflers have a 3" inlet and 4.5" outlet.

This is what the high flow cat looks like. 3" in an out with o2 bung.

Here is the alarm i have on both vehicles right now. I have been using this alarm for years now in numerous vehicle with the same excellent results every time. It has alarm, remote start, and keyless with a 2 way paging remote and a add on module to also link it to me cell as well.

A first look at the Fatmat Rattletrap Extreme sound deadner. Again another company I have been using for years now and love their product. 10x cheaper the Dynomat and works so much better. This deadner is 10 mils thick and has a super sticky adhesive that really works and holds once you put it on and doesn't fall off even in direct sunlight.

I literally did the whole car from top to bottom, front to back.

The trunk completely matted

This is the kick pods I am working on right now.

Mockup of the door panels when they are done accept in blue not purple.

Talk about a wiring disaster.

I ran 0 gauge wiring all the way to the battery, then to distrobution blocks then 4 gauge out to the amps.
DRM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
DRM Racing
GX Member

DRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond reputeDRM Racing has a reputation beyond repute

Just another pic during the install.

The stock door panels before the components where installed.

The Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5 mid bass.

A side image of this beasty mid bass speaker.

The crossover look well built and very large compared to other component sets ive installed.

sorry its just a pic of the 6x9 i forgot to take a pic of the install.

Pic of the components installed.

Another pic of the components.

THe new 2012 Pioneer AVH-P4400BU 7" DVD Player.

2 12" Kicker CVX 2 Ohm Subs mounted in a custom built 3.0 cubic square vented enclosure.

Infinity KappaOne 1,600w Mono amp.

Another Infinity KappaOne and Kappa Four 1,200w 4 channel amp.

New fully adjustable coilover kit. Not pictured is the KYB GR2 struts.

Cleared out headlights.

New LED turn lamp and side marker bulbs.

LED running lights, brake lights, turn and signal bulbs in the rear.

LED third brake light.

Decepticons third brake light overlay.

Another pic of it back on the car.

We have all seen this before. The stock boring tac.

The new gauges with a brushed blue aluminum bezel. Sadly I really dont like them cause the whole thing lights up blue.

No I didnt post this pic up twice. I really didnt like the whole cluster lighting up blue so I found a new set that is reverse glowed so only the numbers light up instead. I also installed blue LED bulbs behind the cluster to light up all the needles blue as well.

The New WAI also from the 03-05 Cavalier.

This is a brushed blue aluminum ecotec badge cover with the Decepticon logo inside. I also installed brand new NGK plugs in there.

I know that there is going to be alot of negitive feedback about the fart cans, and why are you going to run such a large piping on a N/A vehicle. Well I have been talking to Brian at hahn Racecraft for about 2 weeks now on a custom one off turbo kit for the alero. either way hopefully something good will come out of that. But for now most of this stuff my wife wanted and whatever she wants ill get it for her. EIther way let the ranting begin. Hope you like the progress.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
I remember that grandam, theres a thread on here someplace of that pic I snapped at the mall, lol. Looks like the alero is coming along nice, your wife is going to have a hot ride!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
interesting setup
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Wait, 56k still exists? Looks like a lot of work you've put in

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
hey if you ever need an full exhaust for that ecotec I got one !!

Great work on the cars man. Respect!
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
DRM Racing
GX Member

thanks everyone. I am really trying hard to make these cars nice. there is a car show coming up that I want to attend. Nothing great but figured it would be fun at least. Around here its mostly hotrods and such. they dont really favor any tuners and such.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
i like the effort you put in but not a fan of the mufflers, nor the cricked body lines on the ga.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
DRM Racing
GX Member

lol are you referring to where the body kit is mounted or the door caps that are missing?
Old 08-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog

That's all I have to say about that

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

That's all I have to say about that

ecsactly what I would picture you saying
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
DRM Racing
GX Member

sorry I know its not for everyone but I still have a ton of work to do.