Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
JonStoltz
GX Member

JonStoltz is on a distinguished road
Sensor issues, continued..

I apologize for posting about this again and for making a new thread but it seemed more appropriate to post in this category. So as some of you know i've had the SVS,ABS, Trac Control lights. Well my buddy helped me replace the bad hub assembly (left front) yesterday and old one came out and new one in just fine, until we tried securing the sensor. We noticed we couldn't without really stressing the wires, so we compared with the right side. this is what we found:

The right sensor (shown below) seems to be coming out of the hub near the top making for and easy hookup and unstressed wires

Now here's the left one that we replaced, my friend says he took the old one out and put new one back in exactly like the factory had it, but the setup looks different. Unlike the right one, the left sensor seems to be coming from the bottom of the hub so we couldn't secure the sensor properly so i had to rig it for now just to get it stationary

Could we or even the factory have installed it wrong which caused the initial problem in the first place? Should i take it back off and rotate it to match the right one? Please help, just want this to be over! lol We're going to reset the codes this weekend and see if we at least go away but regarding the sensor what should I do?
JonStoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
It's supposed to be clipped to the bracket... so my guess is that it isn't installed properly..

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
JonStoltz
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
It's supposed to be clipped to the bracket... so my guess is that it isn't installed properly..

but since it won't hook to the bracket, should i rotate the hub so it will reach?
JonStoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
First picture hub is ok. Third picture hub is upside down. Reguardless if the old one came out that way... It's upside down.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ So there's your problem.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #6
JonStoltz
GX Member

That's what i figured thanks guys!