Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-07-2004, 10:51 AM   #1
tenny

does anyone have a pic of the factory amp? i am having a hard time with my rear 6x9's they are not getting any bass but I also dont think that i have a factory amp?? my factory speakers didnt have 4 wires going to them, and the one in there said it was 8ohms. I put in my typre r's and they sound like crap, am i going to have to run all new wires? i pulled the carpet back and i cant see an amp on the drivers side. any help would be appreciated.

oh ya and its an '04 alero gl
Old 10-07-2004, 12:12 PM   #2
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
amp them.

im running 100wrms to my 6X9s with the stock deck, they sound good. ( and i wish i had the alpine's)
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:15 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
on mine the amp is in the trunk....right above where you rear driver's side wheel is....behind the trunk carpet of course....
Old 10-07-2004, 05:00 PM   #4
tenny

anyone know if they moved the amp? its giving the symptoms of having an amp yet its not in the spot they say it is, maybe its been moved for 04?

for those of you with amps did u have 4 wires running to your 6x9s?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:51 PM   #5
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
it didn't look like 4 wires looked like 1 big wire......but it had a 4 pin connector, 2001 gls

if it said 8ohms, you dont have the monsoon, maybe you got the polarity mixed up?
Old 10-07-2004, 08:22 PM   #6
tenny

maybe the one with the black wire i put the black to ground, the other wire i put the light blue to positive and dark blue to negative, is that right
Old 10-08-2004, 09:04 AM   #7
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
when bass hits, the speaker should move UP, not pull in, if it pulls in its reversed

when you reverse them the bass sounds horrible at medium to high volumes, and it sounds distorted
Old 10-08-2004, 09:35 AM   #8
tenny

it has no bass going to them at all , its almost like they are hooked to a crossover.

the factory speakers in the front are 5 times more bass then my type r 6x9's, u can barely even hear the 6x9s.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:57 AM   #9
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
well if you have an 04 GL the factory amp would be on the drivers side rear fender behind the carpet, tucked away in the corner. You really have to look for it...they may have moved it but I also have an 04 GL and thats where mine is, and I doubt they would move it in the middle of a model year not to mention the last model year...I"ll look for my camera and get you a pic.