Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 08-19-2004, 02:00 PM   #21
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Here is the radio display on normal. The top had a scrolling image of eclipse as a screensaver. Notice the two inputs under the HU. On the right is the aux line. On the left is the Digital Aux line. In back is a digital out as well. Connect these to a zapco amp via digital link and say good bye to analog.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 02:02 PM   #22
mikegett
GL Member

One last pic. Here is the little lady showing off her memory stick. They just do the cuttest things.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:18 PM   #23
alerosport.com

taking the handy dandy dremel to the back of the alero

What did you have to cut? Looks hella nice man
Old 09-13-2004, 06:25 PM   #24
alerosport.com

but i guess you just have to remove the plastic behind the deck... i guess ill see it when i get in there... dermal will be my fiend.

I like how you did the aux inputs nice...

mine has a regular AUX input. only reason i got it, for ipod and can play mp3 cd's
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jYI8xMBBbiK/c...fo&i=055cdcx504
Old 09-13-2004, 11:05 PM   #25
mikegett
GL Member

Thanks. You won't have much of a problem. If your HU's internal amp uses mosfets then the radio may fit fine. The mosfets allow the amp to run cooler and won't require the large heatsink normaly found on the rear. My eclipse almost fit. I was about a 1/16 of a inch too large. I think that was more from the extremely large, circuit city antenna adaptor. I would not suggest it. It runs a fourty five degree angle at nearly one inch behind the HU. If you do need to use the dremel just pull out the sanding disk. It goes right through the plastic. Just be carefull not catch it on fire. The plastic gets real hot, real quick.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:28 PM   #26
alerosport.com

i cant seem to get mine flush... did you trim part of the radio bezel? The black piece around the whole thing, so it would fit more flush?
Old 09-21-2004, 09:51 PM   #27
AleroRyda

Props on selection of components and clean install. I got the Eclipse 4 way 6x9's and I love them. I want that deck! Do you have a zapco amp hooked up via digital link? Also you should make and sell a few of those aluminum mounting plates to pay off your system.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #28
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice setup man....

oh, and what year is your 'ho? your hvac knobs look funny :P
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:54 PM   #29
mikegett
GL Member

I had to notch the radio bezel. I used a dremel and recessed the radio in. My last step (not shown) was to use a rubber compound from work to fill in the void. There was about a half mm that was visible from the sides. The rubber is a two part mix that I added die to. It made a nice seal right around it.
My car is a 2003. I won't doubt that the HVAC nobs are different from older models. I found out the HU varied greatly as well.
I recieved the new three way point source a week ago. they were on back order. My unfortunate problem is that I got burned on ebay for another amp. I have a 2 channel eclipse that was going to be hooked up to the sub. My A/D/S amp was sold in the previous car so I bid on a four channel Nakamichi. When I got the Nak I did not have a aftermarket radio to test. So I took it to work and hooked 12 volts up to it. It powered and put out a signal so I thought it was ok. When I hooked the thing up to the eclipse there was little output and alot of distortion. Two channels are ok, but 3 and four have something seriously wrong. One good thing with working for a radio manufacturer is good technical support. I should have just waited on the amp until placing my order from work. Live and learn I guess. A Zapco amp would make a nice addition. I am very curious as to what a fully digital system would sound like. I am just suprised that eclipse has not introduced it on one of there amps. The digital input has been on the top decks for two years. They have dvd and cd changers that utilize it. I imagine that when I buy one they will put out a updated model right after it.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:45 PM   #30
snake_eyes2

What looks funny about the HVAC knobs, sme as mine ion a 99??!!