Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-04-2004, 06:06 PM   #21
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
that's a ghey setup if you ask me...so here's steps to fix it

1. go back to the shop and make them fix it.
2. put stock deck on ebay...sell...
3. with money from stock deck, buy class II module.

there, problem solved...

just tryin to lighten you up a bit...don't take it as me bein a prick
Old 09-04-2004, 06:55 PM   #22
blueyezalero

I think you should go back to the shop and get your money back...they don't sound to professional. They put the stock radio in your trunk because you have to relocate if you want to keep your chimes or you can live without them. Don't change your box, if it fit when you took it why waste money getting a different one. They didn't want to put it on for some dumb reason.

If you do get the metra thing it will make your chimes a little louder but you'll get used to it. Mine is stuck behind my radio and it looks like a little 4x2 inch speaker.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:42 AM   #23
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'll loan you the cash if needed?
I got the cash to do it if I wanted to but I just don't want to spend more than I already have on this. I think I'll just go back up there tomorrow and make them do it right. For the money I paid, they need to do the job right. I was rather pissed after my last post on this topic so I went outside and unhooked the damn thing. lol Don't worry, my brother checked my work and said I wouldn't fry anything with what I did. (He's an electrician btw)

Quote:
just tryin to lighten you up a bit...don't take it as me bein a prick
nah, you're not a prick and you never have been to me.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:53 PM   #24
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Yeah, once you have the right harness, you should be fine. Relocating the stock headunit is a bunch of crap, if they use the right harness, it's not an issue.

I'm so glad I have a '99 so I don't have to deal with that crap, nor do I have to deal with the Theft Lock / Pass Lock garbage either.

Best of luck getting everything sorted out.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:21 AM   #25
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

I tried taking it back to the shop on Sunday but there was a big car show so they were closed for that. :rolleyes: Anyway, I printed out this thread as well as the other thread that was mentioned here. They open at 9 in the morning so I will be there waiting on them, papers in hand. This will be fixed tomorrow and my subs will be installed or they will get to experience the wrath of a girl with a bad case of PMS.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:58 PM   #26
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
These GM radios are the most annoying to work with. They place a security system on them but no thief is going to steal the thing. Here is the bad news. It is only going to get worse. GM passes the delco units through our factory for final testing. The sytem that communicates with the radio is called a CAM. Some cars use the chimes, engine service light, dome light, and ABS light to comunicate with the radio. Some say the air bags do but I have yet to see a model incorporate it. The 2003 models have a serial number saved into the radio eprong from the CAM. This means that the radio will not work in another vehicle. It can be cleared by a technician, but be aware of this before buying or selling a radio on ebay. Here is the kicker. GM's new model of xm ready HU's will have a serial port that allows the factory or dealer to change the firmware. This means that one model year of a car may have multiple variations from a identicle radio. The good news is that mp3, aac, decoding and so on can be uploaded for a quick upgrade to the head unit.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:43 PM   #27
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Just thought I would update everyone since I've had several people ask me about this. I took my car back to the shop, they attempted to fix it but fried my cd player. So I bitched and bitched enough that they refunded me all the money and bought me a new cd player. It's a Sony Xplod or something like that. Looks nice but it's still not my Pioneer. I checked the price value and there isn't any difference so it's all good. Gonna take the money from that and get my subs installed PROFESSIONALLY either this weekend or next week. And I'm going to take the Pioneer back and get my money back so I can get something else I've had my eye on lately. Anyway, it pays to be a mean ass sometimes.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #28
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cutelilcntrygrl@Sep 17 2004, 09:43 PM
Just thought I would update everyone since I've had several people ask me about this. I took my car back to the shop, they attempted to fix it but fried my cd player. So I bitched and bitched enough that they refunded me all the money and bought me a new cd player. It's a Sony Xplod or something like that. Looks nice but it's still not my Pioneer. I checked the price value and there isn't any difference so it's all good. Gonna take the money from that and get my subs installed PROFESSIONALLY either this weekend or next week. And I'm going to take the Pioneer back and get my money back so I can get something else I've had my eye on lately. Anyway, it pays to be a mean ass sometimes.
Too bad your not anywhere near me... i could have just done it for ya...
Some shops are a bunch of yokals or dumbasses these idiots seem to be retarted... dont EVER let ANYONE Deal with them agen...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:14 PM   #29
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Thanks, it would've saved me a lot of trouble and headaches if I could've had someone else do it, that's for sure. And don't worry, I've made it a point to tell all my friends to tell their friends not to go to this shop.

Old 09-17-2004, 11:15 PM   #30
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cutelilcntrygrl@Sep 18 2004, 12:14 AM
Thanks, it would've saved me a lot of trouble and headaches if I could've had someone else do it, that's for sure. And don't worry, I've made it a point to tell all my friends to tell their friends not to go to this shop.
exelent :thumbsup:

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #31
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
the CD player fry is a load of BS a shop cant just fry ur deck then give u something different and i would never trade a pioneer for a sony, i would go back once again and give them another earful until i got a working version of my origianl deck, not ur fault, just a lot of stupid people in the world. Good luck!
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:20 PM   #32
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

thanks but nah i'm tired of messing with them. i got all my money back, a new deck and the wiring harness. i'm just going to keep this one for a while, sell it and get what i really want. i actually kinda like the sony.

Old 09-26-2004, 08:30 PM   #33
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
well i could have hooked you up too...I'll take some pictures of my new install job here shortly... I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I just did away with the chimes...they don't do anything but drive me nuts anyhow.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:47 PM   #34
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Quote:
well i could have hooked you up too...
how about we set aside a day where everyone meets up and helps Marie!! that way i can get my car lowered, get my subs and amp put in, get my corners cleared........... lol and the chimes are kinda helpful for me because i have a bad habit of leaving the keys in the ignition.

Old 09-26-2004, 11:00 PM   #35
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
so you leave the keys in the ignition...you turn around to lock the doors using the remote and realize you don't have them...OR, you go to unlock your apartment ot realize that you dont have keys... But I guess if you like them, its on you..they personally annoy the piss outta me...and we will have a day to help Marie..it will be in October, i'll let you know when but make plns to come and you can hit up the flashlight drags with us, then we cna come back, drink beer and work on your car...simple
Old 09-26-2004, 11:01 PM   #36
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd love to dear, but a drive to Kentuky doesn't exactly fit my schedual. ( not to mention the fact that i'd have to explain to my wife why I took the trip in the 1st place ) " Uh, hun? I gotta go down south for a couple days to go help out a cute little country girl. "

yeah, THAT would go over well.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:08 PM   #37
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

lmao well eric i don't want you to get into trouble so yeah, stay home.

brad, i don't have a remote. i guess the gx didn't come with one or they just screwed me. flashlight drags... i saw that thread but i didn't look at it. i'll check it out now. it'll just depend on when since i'm already going to myrtle beach in october. gotta make sure the funds are there, ya know?

Old 09-27-2004, 02:49 AM   #38
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Should come to the St. Louis meet, subs and amp would have been put in and corners cleared in under an hour and a half. Then ya could have helped us drink beer.

Although, I think we didn't need any help doing that, we did a damn good job by ourselves.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:16 AM   #39
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

Well as you know, I would've came to the St. Louis meet if I wasn't leaving for the beach next week with the family. Plus, I'm Daddys little girl and I don't like being too far away from home with my Dad being in the condition he's in.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:46 PM   #40
tenny

eeeek I just read this thread, maybe I wont try and install my cd player by myself now... I have done it in about 15 other cars (friends, family, my own cars) but never one with the chimes, SES light, etc built into the radio.