Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-29-2004, 06:11 PM   #41
Voodosoup

Quote:
Originally posted by rmulax19@Sep 29 2004, 08:56 AM
so, voodoo, would you agree that if running a 500 watt amp, the cap and upgraded alternator would be good enough for HAZED. i really do not believe that he needs to replace his battery yet but i could be wrong. HOWEVER, if you still want a new battery, go with a red top. it wouldn't hurt.
First I'd have to ask how hard are you running the amp????
How high do you have the gain set?
Are you using any bass boost or frequency multiplication that's making the amp work harder than it really needs to be?

Do your lights dim while driving or just when you are sitting still with the engine idling?
On a sustained bass note do the lights stay dim for the whole note or do they just dim and immediately go back to normal?

If your only running a single 500 watt amp I would think that the stock alt would handle that fine.

Do you have any other lighting/electronics wired into the car other than the amp?

do the lights dim only with the ac on, or off or both?

What guage wire do you have running to the amp?

You should have at least the same guage wire running to the alt and to the battery grounds etc...
Old 09-29-2004, 09:45 PM   #42
HAZED

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodosoup+Sep 29 2004, 05:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Voodosoup @ Sep 29 2004, 05:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rmulax19@Sep 29 2004, 08:56 AM
so, voodoo, would you agree that if running a 500 watt amp, the cap and upgraded alternator would be good enough for HAZED.Â;-) i really do not believe that he needs to replace his battery yet but i could be wrong.Â;-) HOWEVER, if you still want a new battery, go with a red top.Â;-) it wouldn't hurt.
First I'd have to ask how hard are you running the amp????
How high do you have the gain set?
Are you using any bass boost or frequency multiplication that's making the amp work harder than it really needs to be?

Do your lights dim while driving or just when you are sitting still with the engine idling?
On a sustained bass note do the lights stay dim for the whole note or do they just dim and immediately go back to normal?

If your only running a single 500 watt amp I would think that the stock alt would handle that fine.

Do you have any other lighting/electronics wired into the car other than the amp?

do the lights dim only with the ac on, or off or both?

What guage wire do you have running to the amp?

You should have at least the same guage wire running to the alt and to the battery grounds etc... [/b][/quote]
yes im using bass boost... im using only half of the gain....im also using a 4 gauge
i ahve no other stuff running.. just amp and a alpine deck it dimms with or without a/c on and it dims when bass note hits hope that helps...... it dimms in hole dimm note