Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 02-18-2004, 09:15 AM   #1
`2000redalero

Alright, it's been going on for a while, I took it to a dealer, and they said they don't know what it is. It happens when I'm waiting at a stop light; just starts shaking A LOT, when I hold the brake pedal, and press the gas to rev it a little bit(over 1000rpm) it stops, but it's such a waste of gas to constantly have to do that...any ideas? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2004, 01:04 AM   #2
`2000redalero

no ideas?
Old 02-19-2004, 02:09 AM   #3
j{}n
GL Member

j{}n is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to j{}n Send a message via MSN to j{}n
it's broken
Old 02-19-2004, 09:23 AM   #4
`2000redalero

what is? they couldn't find anything wrong...
Old 02-25-2004, 10:56 AM   #5
NeXAlero

Hi I Don't Talk Much But I Am NeXAlero And I Have The Same Problem. I Just started modding my 1999 alero 2.4l and i have been wondering the same thing why does it shake when i am stoped. so since no one has ever known why it was i just put it in neutral when i am sitting still at a stop light

but i changed my oil and and put 4prong spark plugs in and it quit for a while and then the change oil light came back on and started shaking again
so i think it has to do with the oil and filter
or something like that
Old 02-26-2004, 02:06 AM   #6
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
check ur tranny fluid and ur plugs and wires.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:48 PM   #7
Spy

while you're at it, do an oil change yourself and check the oil that comes out...
plop in a new filter and make sure you get it on there properly..

another idea would be to inspect the timing chain housing, and taking off the cover to see if anythign awry is going on in there.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:28 AM   #8
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
when the car does this shaking, what is your tach at? does it jump and down?

has the dealer seen the problem and had diagnostic on car when it happen?
Old 03-04-2004, 10:07 AM   #9
`2000redalero

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Feb 27 2004, 12:28 AM
when the car does this shaking, what is your tach at? does it jump and down?

has the dealer seen the problem and had diagnostic on car when it happen?
Yea, I'm trying to get another appointment to go back.

Still the same thing going on, the tach drops like maybe 50 rpms or so and sometimes the car shakes hard, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it makes my head nod a little.

Today the check engine light went off again, but it's just been an on and off thing.

What else can I do?!?(NeX too)
Old 03-04-2004, 04:52 PM   #10
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well if it caused the SES light to go on. then it threw a code and the dealer will be able to pull that code and see what caused it.

i know it is not plugs. the 2.4 has no plug wires so forget that one. it could be throttle position sensor or maybe o2 or possiblity of cam sensor. but i would say difinitely a senor.

let us know what you find out.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:31 AM   #11
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
I just found this out today while reading through some OBDII info, but the computer takes a snap shot the everything going on at the time it throughs the SES code. So most of the data should be in the datalogs to tell the mech. what went wrong.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:42 PM   #12
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
My 2000 alero with 2.4 does that also at about 700 rpms or so it will want to stall out while stopped its really very wierd.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:31 AM   #13
RaZZy037

I had the same problem with mine. so i took it to the dealership and they didnt help me in any way. After a while it just kinda stopped, or i stopped noticing it. I dont think its nething big though.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:24 AM   #14
`2000redalero

well it's annoying as bunny
Old 03-24-2004, 02:06 PM   #15
fusion
GX Member

fusion is an unknown quantity at this point
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got this problem fixed on mine!

After those stinky GM mechs dinking around in my engine bay for a few days..

it was just the spark plugs!! .... not the fuel injectors, or the coil packs, etc.. blah.
(changed @ 65,000km... not they're bogus 120K crap)

This is why i hate them!!! GRRR..

but yeah, try the sparks! .. the carbon buildup will cause a rough jumpy idle.

Cheers,

Hyper
fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:46 PM   #16
NeXAlero

hey it is me NeXAlero sorry i haven't been on in a while i have been working on my car and to get the shaking to calm down for the while i changed the oil. you are gonna think this is crazy but my crazy dad said to pour diesel down the oil intake and let it idle for awhile so it would totaly clean out the inside of the oil chambers i was frekin scared when i did it all i could think about was oh poop there goes my engine but nothing happend. well when i opend the value to let it all out it was so thin that i coulden't beileve the diesel did that much too it. but all i know right now is that it is riding so smoth right now and i am happy i changed the spark plugs had to replace my abs fuse and my emergeny brake fuse. pulled all my seats out and cleaned the entire car out. but as i was doing it i accdiently broke the radio trim and now i need a new one :wah: :wah: :wah: well all i gotta say is that i am back and pm if you have any questions Choa