Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Silver SLP
GX Member

Silver SLP is on a distinguished road
Rear window (4 door) air leak

2004 Alero gl2 4 door

Not sure if the air leak is coming from the window or doors, but once I get up to speed somewhere around 40 mph or so, I get an annoying air leak noise coming inside the car from both rear doors.

All seals are tight, windows are completely rolled up, and nothing seems to be broken. I also had the rear doors adjusted but it made no difference. (Radio is turned off as well as the hvac controls.)

Anyone else have this problem?
Silver SLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
my front doors do it...i have gotten used to it to the point where if my radio is on at all i don't really notice it...we have four different gm vehicles and every one of them does it
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
first you should have somone drive your car while your in the back seat and listen for the noise. if you think your door seals are leaking heres a few ideas:

put a light coating of baby powder on the seals and gently shut the doors while holding the door handle open (door wont latch, you dont want to compress the door seals anymore then if the doors were latched, in otherwords to slam it), open door and inpsect for "soft" areas in the seal where the powder looks different (lines not as thick etc).

nother trick, take a dollar bill and put it in the door seal. you should be able to pull it out with slight drag, not too much, but more then no drag. there will be a lot of opening and closing of the door for this lol.

put making tape over all the "seams". go around the door and drive and see if the noise is there. add it to the window seams and see if the noise is still there. in otherwords if you tape up EVERY seam the first time, you wont know what is leaking.

try those and see what happens. i recommend doing the tape thing first.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
This is a common problem in all Aleros. I remember it being mentioned on multiple car reviews when I was reading up on them before I bought mine. Just is the way of things. If water is not leaking in, it is just something to get used to.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
the air leak i notice is from the fresh air baffle in the trunk on the passenger side.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
i am confused, as I dont have this problem
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Secord
GX Member

Secord is on a distinguished road
My driver side door (coupe) has an air leak too, but only around 100kph (60mph) or so depending on driving conditions. No water leaks through though.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed to day that mine doesn't do it all the time...it is most notable going about 80mph into a 30-40 mph head wind
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote