Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-19-2009, 12:44 AM   #221
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
I think those wheels would look way better on an Alero then on a Probe... I still laugh back in high school some kid's dad bought him an Audi A4 and all his friends were making a big deal out of it I can still remember the looks on there face when I said it's an over priced re badged VW then the mechanics teacher said that I wasn't lying about it.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #222
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
just my opinion, the smaller the rim, the taller the tire you'll need to fill up the fender wells to make it look right (instead of like a 4x4 with 13's on it). Personally, I wouldn't recommend getting attached to anything less than an 18". And really, no amount of safe lowering is going to solve the gap problem on less than an 18".

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #223
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
i have 16 now with very little wheel gap... if i get these wheels i probably will get new tires a little thicker...

and yes they look way better in person....

and yeah im not sure why he got an audi when he was wanting a gtp for the longest time
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #224
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
I don't like the wheels. They just don't look right.. I'd have to see them on the car.

whats wrong with them? they dont look too outragoues but not too plane. just what i want in a rim lol
Old 05-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #225
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
If you like them, get them. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

You'll need 225/45-17 tires.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #226
worknprog.99
GLS member

i think they are 220 40 17 now.. but they are used so i probably will end up getting some good ones from my work...

and yes it doesnt matter what other people think its my car lol
Old 05-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #227
worknprog.99
GLS member

heres a pic of the wheels i got.... i think there mad sexy lol.although look way way better in person

Last edited by worknprog.99 : 05-23-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:04 AM   #228
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
*sigh*

Had hope there for a minute. Well, good luck anyways.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #229
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
*sigh*

Had hope there for a minute. Well, good luck anyways.

?? hope for what??
Old 05-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #230
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
your turbo coming before your rims

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #231
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
?? hope for what??

I've seen this a hundred times if once. When people are a little shy of the mark, they don't have the patience. They switch goals to something immediately attainable for instant gratification, and continue with that justification until eventually, they convince themselves to lose interest in their original plan, because they keep screwing themselves out of it.

Next it will be a cold air intake. Then it will be (unnecessary) high-dollar spark plug wires because it sounds cool. Then it will be a bigger muffler (which will outflow the capabilities of the engine). Each item is cheap enough to grasp over the short term, but it will nickel and dime you out of getting to the big fish.

Rims are a dime-a-dozen, and you can always find someone unloading them cheap. It takes time and discipline to stockpile the parts needed for a turbo system, because you can't really use any of it until you have all of them at once, and that doesn't fit with the "instant gratification" personality.

When I say I had hope, means I just watched what could have been a good start on a turbo system go down the tubes.

In the end, it's your car, your money, and your way. Go for that Pep-Boys special if that's what's in the cards for you. I just hated to see all that potential go down the tubes.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #232
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
A turbo setup is difficult on the Aleros. I had my instant gratification with my rims, they were nice, and I never regret getting them, but had I known then what I know now, I'd be sitting on a nice turbo setup and a completely sleeper car.

My point, don't give up on boost!!! The end IS worth it! BJ is more than correct there.
I'm still stocking away parts right now, patiently waiting until the day I can put it all together and enjoy the result.

If you have to wait more to enjoy something, you'll enjoy it even more!
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #233
worknprog.99
GLS member

im still sitting on the parts i got the rims for a bov that i payed 40 for.

ANYONE to turn that down is retarded
Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #234
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

you can still get multiple parts for the price of the rims would of cost you if you didn't trade for a $40 BOV I think that's a hell of a deal.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #235
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHeLlRaZoR View Post
you can still get multiple parts for the price of the rims would of cost you if you didn't trade for a $40 BOV I think that's a hell of a deal.

if i really wanted to i could sell the rims and have the turbo done
but i would never turn that deal down
Old 05-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #236
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

I think almost anyone here would agree sell the wheels and finish the turbo, no one would expect a stock looking Alero to be boosted then you can save up and get a pair of slicks or drag radials latter with a set of light weight wheels, well that's how I would do it.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:03 AM   #237
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
im still sitting on the parts i got the rims for a bov that i payed 40 for.

ANYONE to turn that down is retarded

well, that's my cue to leave. I'm the retarded one that would have turned that down so I could have spent that $40 towards a GOOD QUALITY boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, or wideband A/F gauge. at least something I would need to get my turbo system closer to completion.

Rims in hand, they'll end up on the car. I challenge you to prove me wrong. Intentions are one thing.

Peace.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #238
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
well, that's my cue to leave. I'm the retarded one that would have turned that down so I could have spent that $40 towards a GOOD QUALITY boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, or wideband A/F gauge. at least something I would need to get my turbo system closer to completion.

Rims in hand, they'll end up on the car. I challenge you to prove me wrong. Intentions are one thing.

Peace.

well of course they will go on the car....
i wasnt going for any personal attack but right now that was the best deal going for me...

im not a quitter everything will get worked out.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #239
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHeLlRaZoR View Post
I think almost anyone here would agree sell the wheels and finish the turbo, no one would expect a stock looking Alero to be boosted then you can save up and get a pair of slicks or drag radials latter with a set of light weight wheels, well that's how I would do it.

also as i owe 3500 on the car still i think adding to the strenght of the motor first would be better than jumping straight to boost (many people said that is a must)
reason being i do not want to put all the money into it right away and ruin the motor, me, i think thats intelligent. am i wrong?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #240
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Stock engine can take boost easily. Whoever told you it is a must is wrong. Just don't get too happy with the boost controller knob.