Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #61
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
get the mms downpipe, its a 2.5, and just extend it since the turbo will be in back of the engine just have a little extention welded in
Old 04-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #62
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMahanXcorEXx View Post
get the mms downpipe, its a 2.5, and just extend it since the turbo will be in back of the engine just have a little extention welded in

the turbo will be sitting where the battery used to be.... im awaiting two flanges and my welder friend to be ready lol
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #63
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
Here they are.... Hope it's all good for you...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/

Last edited by guiguilandry : 06-30-2009 at 03:18 PM.
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #64
worknprog.99
GLS member

sending you another pm....
Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #65
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
ok, I know this is probably a dumb question, but have you changed the sending unit for your coolant temp?

Also, if you go aftermarket temp guage, don't replace the stock one with the aftermarket sender. The computer needs input on your temp (via the stock sender) to calculate advanced modifiers on many things, to name a few: Fueling, transmission shift points/pressure, fan on/off times, etc.

Welcome to the land of the boosted, and good luck.

Also, I will confirm that the stock internals are not forged. The pistons and crank are both cast, and the rods are merely shot-peened, and even the cam is cast core. However, I've run as much as 18psi intermittently on completely stock internals, and finally blew a piston due to fuel starvation in an altitude change.

If you want forged, like the others said, go 3500 crank (~2,500 new, and will require retooling for crank position sensor), SBC 5.700" small journal forged rods (side clearanced) ~$300-400 w/2 extras, and a custom set of forged pistons (~$600-800 per set).

Sky's the limit (or your wallet, which ever empties first).

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #66
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
ok, I know this is probably a dumb question, but have you changed the sending unit for your coolant temp?

Also, if you go aftermarket temp guage, don't replace the stock one with the aftermarket sender. The computer needs input on your temp (via the stock sender) to calculate advanced modifiers on many things, to name a few: Fueling, transmission shift points/pressure, fan on/off times, etc.

Welcome to the land of the boosted, and good luck.

Also, I will confirm that the stock internals are not forged. The pistons and crank are both cast, and the rods are merely shot-peened, and even the cam is cast core. However, I've run as much as 18psi intermittently on completely stock internals, and finally blew a piston due to fuel starvation in an altitude change.

If you want forged, like the others said, go 3500 crank (~2,500 new, and will require retooling for crank position sensor), SBC 5.700" small journal forged rods (side clearanced) ~$300-400 w/2 extras, and a custom set of forged pistons (~$600-800 per set).

Sky's the limit (or your wallet, which ever empties first).

well i never checked that (head smack) but its at the shop now getting the coolent flushed and they would check why they dont work, i know the guy there, so hopefull i dont have to mess with that part anymore....

i dont plan on rebuilding the internals at the moment, seeing as im running low psi to start i should be ok, however come this weekend when we start to install things it will be very tempting to keeo buying things and putting them in.... this project should be done middle of may and waiting for tuning. reason it will take so long is i work alot and have college so limited time
Old 04-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #67
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
well i never checked that (head smack) but its at the shop now getting the coolent flushed and they would check why they dont work, i know the guy there, so hopefull i dont have to mess with that part anymore....

i dont plan on rebuilding the internals at the moment, seeing as im running low psi to start i should be ok, however come this weekend when we start to install things it will be very tempting to keeo buying things and putting them in.... this project should be done middle of may and waiting for tuning. reason it will take so long is i work alot and have college so limited time

i have a forged 3500 crank, i will sell you for $350 shipped......rollover car 4500miles on the motor when rolled.....
Old 04-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #68
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i have a forged 3500 crank, i will sell you for $350 shipped......rollover car 4500miles on the motor when rolled.....

i may look into that in a few weeks
unless you sell it before then
Old 04-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #69
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i've had it for 6 months......
Old 04-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #70
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i've had it for 6 months......

PM sent

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #71
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by worknprog.99 View Post
i have seen multiple fin inserts for the hks that sound cool... do you have any video clips of yours?? im going to get one here soon but im interested to hear one on another alero
The HKS isn't on the Alero I'll see if I can get a video.

I had a couple short video clips of the Alero years ago, but Ion's right, they were pretty terrible quality, taken with a point and shoot digital camera on video mode.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #72
worknprog.99
GLS member

some stuff came todayy!!!

pic of the cooler and the turbocharger

Last edited by worknprog.99 : 05-23-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #73
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Why did you get such a tiny odd shaped intercooler?

And what brand turbocharger is that?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #74
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Why did you get such a tiny odd shaped intercooler?

And what brand turbocharger is that?

the cooler looks strange in the pic it is 18in long it actually has n=more surface area than the 22 in i was going to get and the turbo is a t3 .63 trim 8 psi wastegate
Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #75
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Ya, what brand turbochager?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #76
worknprog.99
GLS member

nothin special just something to get me going ibought it off a buddy i would have to go look. he lives near columbus ohio and gets alot of stuff new and used this is new. i think they sell it on ebay from cxracing or something like that... hopefully if all works out i can get the garret,

reason i didnt get it first was because i got this one at avery good price and didnt wanna spend 1400 and have it not work lol
Old 04-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #77
[ion] C2
636 whp

Ummmm.... eBay turbos tend to be unreliable. Meaning when that compressor wheels self destructs, all of those metal pieces get to go in your engine.

I picked up my Garrett freshly rebuilt and ported for $180.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #78
worknprog.99
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Ummmm.... eBay turbos tend to be unreliable. Meaning when that compressor wheels self destructs, all of those metal pieces get to go in your engine.

I picked up my Garrett freshly rebuilt and ported for $180.

where the hell did you find that?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #79
[ion] C2
636 whp

You can find them all over for that price. It's a .48/.42 T3. It can only support around 300whp. But hell I know someone selling a GT3076R for $650.

NEVER use an eBay turbo unless it's on an engine you don't mind rebuilding when that turbo blows.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #80
Caboose73

Or you can get a turbo from Hahn over at j-body