Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 08-05-2004, 06:23 PM   #1
`2000redalero

Alright, I got the AEM short ram today, I'm putting it on, but how do you put the (i think) o2 sensor back in? like i took it out of the tubing from the old box intake that comes stock, but it's too wide to fit in the hole. and also, anyone else who's ordered this, do i need the breather tube? the instructions with this thing suck.

THANK YOU!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:02 AM   #2
bigd6983

its not the o2 sensor.......most likely its the iat sensor (inlet air temp sensor).........i dont have the 2.4 so im not sure on everything else.....id your guys's stock airbox has a breather tube then yes you hafta use the one included.......
Old 08-06-2004, 01:16 AM   #3
bluephoAm

I took off the wire protective cover (the ribbed plastic hose) for the air temperature sensor, then taped the wires tightly together with electrical tape (be sure that it isn't too fat or overly rounded). Try to get it somewhat flat in appearance. After that, I put it inside of the cone filter with the wires fitting right inside where the pipe meets the rubber part of the cone filter then I tightened the clamp. I don't think there is any air leaking out. If you want to, you could actually put it by the outside of the cone, but be sure nothing can mess with it or knock it around.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:01 AM   #4
Spy

the lil rubber grommet that's supposed to go into the hole on the intake...

you have to open up that hole slightly for it to fit. Stupid manufacturing defect, but easy fix.

I don't recommend putting it in the filter.. something stupid can happen, like the sensor for some freak reason going into your throttle body because a wire decided to "let go".
Old 08-07-2004, 01:27 PM   #5
|Rev|

mine worked fairly easy, but I can't get that sensor to reach to where it was on the new intake, still havn't found a way, how did you guys do it? and if you are wondering where it is hooked up now, it's hooked up to a 20 dollar intake sensor mod I got a while back when I didn't know crap about cars lol
Old 08-07-2004, 04:35 PM   #6
`2000redalero

alright, installed it fine(ghetto for now though) how would i open the extending pipe more though for the sensor to fit?? some pics..
Old 08-07-2004, 04:37 PM   #7
`2000redalero

the problem
Old 08-07-2004, 04:37 PM   #8
`2000redalero

Old 08-07-2004, 04:38 PM   #9
`2000redalero

Old 08-07-2004, 04:46 PM   #10
`2000redalero

the solution! .for now...electrical tape
Old 08-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #11
`2000redalero

I need something else though...and AEM isn't helping since it wasn't on a car they tested. SHORTYS what'd you do?
Old 08-07-2004, 07:32 PM   #12
|Rev|

umm I don't think thats the right hole lol, theres one at the curve closest to the cone, where you put the little rubber thing that has a connection to the sensor plug in, atleast that's where I did it, and it fit perfectly, I put a black hose to that hole
Old 08-08-2004, 01:23 AM   #13
`2000redalero

Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|@Aug 7 2004, 06:32 PM
I put a black hose to that hole
sweet. haha that works except i didn't get the grommet with my kit. dammit all. now i have to wait til monday to even talk to them and then have it shipped!!
grr

so where'd you put the other end of the breather hose? or just let it hang down?
Old 08-08-2004, 01:24 AM   #14
`2000redalero

or can i just buy a grommet til then? any ideas what it looks like?
Old 08-08-2004, 01:40 AM   #15
csealy_31

For the IAT - there's a hole in the tube up by the curve before it goes into the air filter. Steal the grommet from your stock tube and it works great!
For the PCV hose - go to the parts store and buy an adapter that goes from the original PCV hose to hose that fits the extension welded to the intake. Sorry I can't remember the hose sizes.
That's what I had to do anyway.
Good luck, looks nice in the picks.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:30 AM   #16
Spy

Quote:
Originally posted by csealy_31@Aug 8 2004, 05:40 AM
For the IAT - there's a hole in the tube up by the curve before it goes into the air filter. Steal the grommet from your stock tube and it works great!
For the PCV hose - go to the parts store and buy an adapter that goes from the original PCV hose to hose that fits the extension welded to the intake. Sorry I can't remember the hose sizes.
That's what I had to do anyway.
Good luck, looks nice in the picks.
IAT--- listen to him.... take the grommet out of the stock intake tubing..

PCV hose--- supposed to come w/ the intake from AEM.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:55 PM   #17
`2000redalero

grr
i didn't have a grommet in my stock one, it was just a rubber tube so it fit snug anyway..
Old 08-09-2004, 09:08 PM   #18
ShortysTRM

sorry guys, I was on vacation for the weekend. All of the necessary parts should have been included with the intake. The grommet does go in the flat hole in the first bend, not in the pcv hose nipple. There should have been a black rubber hose that was considerably longer than the stock one. Both parts should be easy to substitute, though. The IAT sensor is stretched to max when it's plugged in, so you may wanna engineer a new way to get the wires to reach.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:17 AM   #19
`2000redalero

yea, i got the breather tube with the kit, but no rubber grommet. anyone know a size i should look for? and where to look for it?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:42 AM   #20
ShortysTRM

I wouldn't have the slightest idea really. Call AEM and see if they'll send you one. They are a good company. That sensor and grommet were a bitch to get in, but it all works.