Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 07-05-2004, 10:17 PM   #1
wmadigan

I have a 99 alero (3.4L with K&N air filter). Recently the service engine soon light came on and the car started to surge at idle (fluctuating from 500 to 1000 rpm's) also when shifting into either R or D the transmission would clunk. The dealer checked the codes and came up with 2. The first was P1404 (aux emission control) and the other was P0101 (maf or vaf range/performance). Does anyone have any idea as to why this would occur and the solution for it? I only have 67000 km or 40000 miles on the car.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2004, 10:38 PM   #2
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
mine does the same thing sometimes, and sometimes i get a SES light, but it goes off soon after.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Check if the MAF plug is loose or not pluged in at all And maybe an O2 sensor is out that would explain emission problem.

Go for the simplist problem first.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:51 AM   #4
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
yo
Old 07-06-2004, 01:21 PM   #5
scArLERO

welcome...dont know if you're having the same problem i had my car(3.4 '99) felt like it was gonna stall out and ran very ruff...there's 2 diff engine lights not sure which one you mean, does it flash or just stay on all the time, mine did both very annoying issed: . If the light was flashing my car would run like crap ,sluggish and sounded like crap...If the light stayed on ran purty much normal, at some time maybe during the next few days it would just all of a sudden turn off :huh?: when id be driving made me go Hmmmm :unsure: . took it to dealership it had 2 bad coils replaced under extended warranty :thumbsup: they tested said it "ran like new" , before i was home in my drive way apprx. 10km (less prolly)the light was back on issed: took it back the next day Oh NOW I need new wires, they suggested getting new set of wires and fuel injection system blown clean (i declined the cleaning had it done @ 'mr.lube' 2 mths earlier but had them do the wires ), <_< well, 2 days later back on issed: back to the dealer freakin' now just spent $100 told me it was "running like new"again ... had them do the fuel injector cleaning thingy, again they told me this would do it , i asked the manager before i had this done that if the problem happens again would they give my $$ back and he shakes my hand and asures me i would get a full refund :rolleyes: hasn't happened since( sorta wanted it to come back on get my money back but happy it didn't :thumbsup: )moral of the story..check your coils, wires, fuel injectors cleaned, fixed my prob...WOW long post