Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #61
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
good decision not to run cause you dont want to blow it up. I would have done the same after putting so much money and time on the motor, good luck and POST A VIDEO!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #62
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
It only remember me of my friend that was telling me :"If you're not breaking parts, you're not trying hard enough"

But yeah I get your point BJ, be sure of your build and tune before going all out.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #63
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
is it the 30th yet? i want to hear how things went!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #64
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I still lurk on here from time to time.....can't wait to see what happens blackjack!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #65
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Right on guys. We're getting there slowly but surely.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:34 AM   #66
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
What is the lowest rpm point the engine drops to between the 1-2 shift at WOT?
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #67
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
BETWEEN the 1-2 shift....as in during shift-time?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #68
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
BETWEEN the 1-2 shift....as in during shift-time?

What I meant was, the lowest recorded point on the chart graph, if using HP Tuners, after the ramp up from idle to max rpm, when it drops down somewhere between 3000 to 4000 rpm before rising up again to the 2-3 shift point.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #69
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Don't know, because I don't scan for it in that method. I use the torque reduction tables to retard spark during the shifts, and I measure what that needs to be based on comparison between OSS and ISS for clutch slippage during the 1-2 shift rather than how many RPMs.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #70
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
How are things going BJ??? Are you going to run it soon???
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #71
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Looking like a 70% chance of this Friday night, as of now. Finding more expenses that I'll have to get taken care of along the way.

Like, all new tires, etc.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #72
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks keep me posted you have my number...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #73
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

yup, will do

Old 03-26-2008, 01:04 AM   #74
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
What I meant was, the lowest recorded point on the chart graph, if using HP Tuners, after the ramp up from idle to max rpm, when it drops down somewhere between 3000 to 4000 rpm before rising up again to the 2-3 shift point.

Just a thought, did you mean from redline in 1st, how much does it drop when it pops into 2nd?

If that's the case, I set the shift point at 5800 under WOT, then it shifts to 2nd and starts winding out again from around 3800 to 4000, well into boost still at that point.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:33 AM   #75
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
only 5800?? thats weak. spin that bitch to at least 6500!
Old 03-26-2008, 01:52 AM   #76
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

don't need to.

1. Stock bottom end and don't like rod stretch, bad for piston/valve contact
2. Stock cam, my powerband falls off right after 5800
3. Smoke most cars (including yours) before 5500 in any gear

See any reason for me to hit 6500 now?

Old 03-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #77
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
reason 2 was good enough, but now provide me a reason for keeping the stock cam.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 AM   #78
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
reason 2 was good enough, but now provide me a reason for keeping the stock cam.

oh, too easy. When I run out of acceptable power, and can start getting traction between gears, I'll look into ways of making more power. Right now, doesn't look like I'll need it.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #79
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Speed based boost control. Obviously right now you probably don't need it and are happy with the amount of power you're putting out, but if you ever push for more, you can extract all the power you can out of it while still having traction in the lower gears. It's what I'll be using on my car.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 AM   #80
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Thanks. Working on an RPM triggered two-stage boost controller.

Figured I could run about 8psi to 4500 and then pump it to 15 once traction is established.